The Senate approved a bill late Tuesday that would retroactively extend over 50 expiring tax provisions for one years, including one that shields distressed homeowners from paying taxes on any mortgage debt forgiven in a short sale.
The number of homeowners who were in negative equity just two years ago has fallen by more than 40% through the third quarter, according to data from Zillow.
Learn how one bank replaced its paper-based loan origination system with D+Hs Web-based MortgagebotLOS, and is keeping pace with compliance and customer needs.
More than two dozen Senate lawmakers signed a letter this week that urges the Federal Housing Finance Agency to drop its proposal to tighten Federal Home Loan Bank membership rules.
JPMorgan Securities is arranging a $353 million RMBS securitizing 677 prime pre-crisis mortgages originated by Merrill Lynch Credit Corp.
From Our Blogs
»Whose Email Is It Anyway
»Diagnose the Right Problem Before Treating Mortgage Maladies
»No Sense in Keeping the GSEs Undercapitalized
»Delight Homebuyers by Personalizing the Process
»One Risk Factor Common to All Financial Crises: Fraud
»Are Servicers Ready for the Next Wave of Defaults?
»Low-Down-Payment Mortgages Will Again Contribute to Rising REO
»New Lawsuit Creates New Danger for HUD Foreclosures
»Giving Thanks for Second Helpings
»Housing Survey Results Shed Light on Lender Opportunities
- November Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast Predicts Existing Home Sales of 5.25 Million Units
- Auction.com Named One of AlwaysOns OnMobile Top 100 Companies for 2014
- Commercial Real Estate Recovery Continues to Strengthen According to Auction.com Research Report
- National Field Representatives Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- IDS Creates Internal Team to Manage Mortgage Doc Prep System Integrations