U.S. Court puts pressure on HUD to help surviving spouses stay in their homes.
Real estate executives are looking for ways to motivate reluctant buyers who don't want to give up their current low mortgage rates.
The Obama administration is urging housing advocates to stand behind legislation to overhaul the housing finance market, ahead of a Senate Banking Committee vote scheduled for the end of April.
Mortgage rates fell, sending costs for 30-year loans to the lowest since early February as the Federal Reserve confirmed its commitment to provide support for the economic recovery.
As drafted, the Johnson-Crapo bill would allow big banks to originate, aggregate, and guarantee mortgages. Small lenders worry such vertically integrated companies could price them out of the business.
B of A caught observers off guard by announcing $6 billion in mortgage litigation expenses, but the move is an attempt to convince analysts and investors that there is an end in sight to its crisis-era legal woes. It just might work.
Perpetrators fraudulently acquired close to 40 homes, and used at least one to grow marijuana when it became vacant.
Mortgage applications, including requests for refinancings and for home purchase loans, rose from the previous week for the week ended April 11.
Ask the Experts is an educational, interview-style video series hosted by National Mortgage News that features an engaging Q&A series with mortgage industry experts. This series, sponsored by Nationwide Title Clearing, addresses key questions regarding compliance to latest regulations, mitigating risk through use of specific types of property reports and research, controls to help monitor and prevent downstream deficiencies, and more.
From Our Blogs
»Why Loan Officers Should Be There at the Closing
»Branding Lessons From Lady Gaga
»The HELOC Reset Wave: Sink or Swim
»Lenders Get a Break on Background Checks
»Converting at the Closing Table
»Build Consumer Protection into Your Operations
»Answer Screening Questions with a Question
»How LO-to-LO Referrals Become Problems
- Ginnie Mae Nixes Bank of America Mortgage Servicing Transfer
- Lending Drops to 17-Year Low as Rates Curb Borrowing
- Ellie Mae's New Explanation for Outage Only Raises More Questions
- In Purchase Market, Focus Shifts to Products and Customer Service
- Mortgage Originations Could Drop to Lowest Level in 14 Years
- DocMagic: Delivering 99.999% Uptime Has Positive Impact on Lender Clients
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders