USMI, the new trade group being formed to replace the Mortgage Insurance Companies of America, will include all of the active carriers in the industry except AIG's United Guaranty.
Zaio Corp., a Canadian company that tracks property values in the U.S., is in talks to acquire Axis Appraisal Management Solutions.
FICO plans to release a new broad-based scoring model this summer that helps lenders analyze a consumer's credit risk with greater accuracy.
These companies have cut 21,500 employees since last summer.
HSBC Holdings and Wells Fargo agreed to settle lawsuits by mortgage holders who alleged they were forced to pay for property insurance at inflated rates.
The Community Home Lenders Association is pointing to President Obamas recently released budget as proof that the Federal Housing Administration has leeway to lower premiums.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. agreed to give mortgage-bond trustees evaluating a proposed $4.5 billion settlement over bad loans an extra three months to consider signing onto the deal.
In the judicial foreclosure states of Ohio and Pennsylvania, savings for various stakeholders could amount to at least $24 million annually, researchers at the Cleveland Fed estimate.
From Our Blogs
»Back Office Can Help Boost Conversion Rates, Too
»Three Growth Strategies for a Shrinking Mortgage Market
»Fannie Mae Accounting Scandal for Dummies
»Don't Push Your Luck with QM
»Changing the Loan Process
»Preparing for Litigation Under the Ability to Repay Rule
»Negotiating an Employment Contract
»Conversation, Not Examination
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders
- AmeriSave Mortgage President Retires, New President Announced