Ocwen Financial Corp., the mortgage servicer under attack for its handling of home loans, slumped the most in more than a month after receiving notices that it was being fired from overseeing debt backing two bond deals.
New Residential Investment Corp. posted net income of $54 million in the fourth quarter, as the company gears up to close its acquisition of Home Loan Servicing Solutions.
The rate of delinquencies of 90 days or more has trended downward since 2009, but servicing costs have generally been rising, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association. That is not the way it used to work.
Total revenue fell for Stonegate Mortgage Corp. in the fourth quarter as lower interest rates and a flattened yield curve hit interest income.
The Federal Housing Administration's recent premium reduction is undercutting the private sector and expanding the government's role in the housing market, housing finance industry representatives told a House subcommittee on Thursday.
With economic growth expected to continue improving, 2015 should looks promising for the housing market, according to Fannie Mae.
- With Ocwen, Enforcement Is a Balancing Act
- Mobile Connectivity a Must for Originators to Remain Competitive
- Mortgage Servicing Execs' Pay Now Tied to Compliance, Not Budget
- Courts Confirm Fannie and Freddie Are Sovereign Credits: Report
- Have CFPB Rules Stifled Mortgage Credit? The Answer's Complicated
From Our Blogs
»The Hidden Impact of HOA Delinquencies
»New Regulations Offer Long-Term Technology Opportunities
»The Relationship between Marketing and UDAAP
»New HECM Rules For Surviving Spouses Fall Short
»Market for MSRs Not So Lopsided After All
»Time-Tested Lessons for Higher Customer Retention Results
»Budgeting for Change
»Integrating Digital Does Not Foretell the End for Loan Officers
»Co-Issue Offers an Alternative to Selling Loans to Aggregators
»To See the Benefits of TILA-RESPA, Stay Positive
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer
- Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast for January Projects Weakening Home Sales
- Auction.com Introduces National Hospitality Division
- 2015 Existing Home Sales Expected to Pick Up Where 2014 Left Off, According to Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast
- Auction.com iPad App Used by Bidder to Buy Best Western Hotel for $2.2 Million