Recent Stories From this Author
First Horizon to Pay $110 Million to FHFA
April 29, 2014 First Horizon National Corp. is getting closer to putting its mortgage woes behind it.
M&T Remains Bullish on Hudson City Deal
July 17, 2013 M&T Bank remains comfortable with its decision to acquire Hudson City Bancorp even though a recent rise in mortgage rates...
Wells’ John Stumpf Wants to Keep Fannie, Freddie
May 22, 2013 John Stumpf believes the government-sponsored enterprises need to be retained in some form because the guarantee they provide...
In Some Markets, Homebuilding Is Zooming Back, Inventory Shrinks
January 15, 2013 At first glance the Charlotte market seems like the wrong target for home construction.
Bank of America Looking to Sell More Servicing, Others May Follow
January 10, 2013 Bank of America is said to be considering more sales of mortgage servicing rights following its announcement that it is...
Capital One Has $36 Billion of Loans in 3 Storm-Battered States
November 9, 2012 Capital One's highest level of exposure is in New York, where it has $25.4 billion of loans outstanding.
Ex-Sterling Lenders Receive Long Prison Terms for Fraud Scheme
September 18, 2012 Two former loan officers at Sterling Financial have been sentenced to lengthy prison terms and ordered to pay $53 million in...
Basel III Should Be Scrapped, Hoenig Says
September 17, 2012 Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. board member Thomas Hoenig has a bold suggestion for regulators crafting Basel III capital...
SunTrust's Putbacks Starting to Look Like a Trend
September 10, 2012 If the government is bent on winding down Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac sooner rather than later, then it helps that some major...
EverBank Has Loan Surge, But Profits Fall on Higher Expenses
July 26, 2012 EverBank Financial originated $2.7 billion of loans and leases in the second quarter, up 19% from the first quarter and 89%...
- How an End to MSAs Will Level the Mortgage Playing Field
- Mortgage Servicers Resume Securitizing Repayment Rights
- CEO's Resignation May Portend Stonegate's Pursuit of an Acquirer: Analyst
- 10 Common and Costly Adjustments to Appraisal Comps
- Real Estate Agents to Extend Contracts for New Mortgage Disclosures
- NTC named one of the Top Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the Fourth Consecutive Year by Inc. Magazine
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report