Recent Stories From this Author
First Horizon to Pay $110 Million to FHFA
April 29, 2014 First Horizon National Corp. is getting closer to putting its mortgage woes behind it.
M&T Remains Bullish on Hudson City Deal
July 17, 2013 M&T Bank remains comfortable with its decision to acquire Hudson City Bancorp even though a recent rise in mortgage rates...
Wells’ John Stumpf Wants to Keep Fannie, Freddie
May 22, 2013 John Stumpf believes the government-sponsored enterprises need to be retained in some form because the guarantee they provide...
In Some Markets, Homebuilding Is Zooming Back, Inventory Shrinks
January 15, 2013 At first glance the Charlotte market seems like the wrong target for home construction.
Bank of America Looking to Sell More Servicing, Others May Follow
January 10, 2013 Bank of America is said to be considering more sales of mortgage servicing rights following its announcement that it is...
Capital One Has $36 Billion of Loans in 3 Storm-Battered States
November 9, 2012 Capital One's highest level of exposure is in New York, where it has $25.4 billion of loans outstanding.
Ex-Sterling Lenders Receive Long Prison Terms for Fraud Scheme
September 18, 2012 Two former loan officers at Sterling Financial have been sentenced to lengthy prison terms and ordered to pay $53 million in...
Basel III Should Be Scrapped, Hoenig Says
September 17, 2012 Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. board member Thomas Hoenig has a bold suggestion for regulators crafting Basel III capital...
SunTrust's Putbacks Starting to Look Like a Trend
September 10, 2012 If the government is bent on winding down Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac sooner rather than later, then it helps that some major...
EverBank Has Loan Surge, But Profits Fall on Higher Expenses
July 26, 2012 EverBank Financial originated $2.7 billion of loans and leases in the second quarter, up 19% from the first quarter and 89%...
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer