Recent Stories From this Author
Banks Try to Fend Off Affordable Housing Mandate in New York
March 14, 2014 Elected officials from President Obama to the new mayor of New York want to kick-start a building boom in affordable housing.
Georgia Banker Vents About QM to CFPB's No. 2 Official
March 6, 2014 Scott Tomlinson at Flint Community Bank used a meeting with the agency's deputy director to speak his mind on the shortcomings...
Why It Takes Guts to Run a Bank on the Block
December 30, 2013 Hudson City’s planned expansion into commercial real estate lending is on hold as the acquisition by M&T drags on.
Fracking Boom Gives Banks Mortgage Headaches
November 12, 2013 Banks, along with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are revisiting mortgage lending policies to address fracking concerns. Some...
Banks Brace for End of Prepayment Penalty Boom
November 1, 2013 Call it the second wave of the mortgage-refinancing collapse. Prepayment penalty income is about to crash. Hard. Especially in...
Huntington Bancshares Cuts 200 Mortgage Jobs
October 18, 2013 Huntington Bancshares also closed 22 branches and cut other costs in the quarter, as results from the first half were weaker...
Bankers Brace for Large Declines in Mortgage Revenue
August 30, 2013 Regional banks are expected to see a huge drop-off in mortgage originations over the second half of 2013 as interest rates...
First Horizon, SunTrust Face New Round of Mortgage Scrutiny
August 26, 2013 Add First Horizon National and SunTrust Banks to the growing list of banks facing another potential mortgage-related headache.
Small Banks Adjust to CFPB’s New Mortgage Rules
August 20, 2013 Community bankers are scrambling to update their playbooks to comply with a litany of new mortgage rules.
Banks Water Down Loan Terms in Quest for Growth
August 15, 2013 Barely removed from years of cleaning up credit quality, lenders are conceding terms to borrowers on everything from the...
- Ginnie Mae Nixes Bank of America Mortgage Servicing Transfer
- Lending Drops to 17-Year Low as Rates Curb Borrowing
- Ellie Mae's New Explanation for Outage Only Raises More Questions
- In Purchase Market, Focus Shifts to Products and Customer Service
- Mortgage Originations Could Drop to Lowest Level in 14 Years
- DocMagic: Delivering 99.999% Uptime Has Positive Impact on Lender Clients
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders