Recent Stories From this Author
Mortgage Applications Fell Last Week: MBA
May 27, 2015 Mortgage applications fell 1.6% on an adjusted basis from a week earlier, according to a weekly survey by the Mortgage Bankers...
Ocwen to Close Houston Residential Servicing Center
May 27, 2015 Ocwen Financial will close a call center in Houston as the mortgage servicer continues to downsize.
Veros to Offer Direct Connection to New FHA Appraisal Portal
May 26, 2015 Veros will offer a direct connection to the Federal Housing Administration's new Electronic Appraisal Delivery portal using...
Rental Costs Rise at Faster Rate than Home Values in April
May 21, 2015 The cost to rent housing grew at a faster rate than home values in April, as rising rents make it difficult for many consumers...
SunTrust Profit Rises on Better Fee Income, Cost Control
April 20, 2015 SunTrust Banks in Atlanta reported higher first-quarter profit as stronger fee income and lower expenses helped offset a drop...
First Horizon Posts Quarterly Loss on Mortgage Settlement Charge
April 17, 2015 First Horizon National in Memphis, Tenn., swung to a first-quarter loss after it paid $212.5 million to settle an...
Wells Fargo Leans on Short-Term Fixes as It Waits on Rates
April 14, 2015 The San Francisco bank has produced enough growth in mortgages, C&I and other areas and made other moves to offset low rates....
Citi Taps Asia-Pacific Chief to Lead Global Consumer Bank
April 13, 2015 Citigroup has named Stephen Bird, chief executive of its Asia-Pacific division, to head its global consumer bank as part of a...
Banks Face Costs from Credit Report Reform — They Might Be Worth It
March 10, 2015 Banks can expect to incur higher costs in several areas during the implementation of a settlement agreement to improve the...
Regionals Face Heightened Risk on HELOC Resets
January 29, 2015 Banks have made progress cutting their exposure to risky home equity lines of credit, ahead of a key 10-year threshold when...
- Appraiser Shortage Could Gum Up the Works at Mortgage Lenders
- Cash-Strapped Servicers Fill Gaps by Borrowing Against Their MSRs
- Vendors Flood Market with HOA Super-Lien Services
- Congress Urges CFPB to Delay Enforcement of New Mortgage Disclosures
- End Fannie and Freddie's Free Ride on Government Credit
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report