Recent Stories From this Author
NorStates Bank Taps HomeBridge for Mortgage Originations
August 4, 2015 NorStates Bank has selected HomeBridge Financial Services to provide origination of residential mortgage loans.
Astoria in N.Y. Faces Pressure from Investor to Explore Options
August 4, 2015 An Astoria Financial investor is demanding that the Lake Success, N.Y., company explore a possible sale or other ways to...
Ginnie Mae to Release Updated Manual for Document Custodians
August 4, 2015 Ginnie Mae has updated the procedures manual used by the custodians of documents involved in mortgage-backed securities.
TRID Delay Gives Needed Time for Training, Lenders Say
August 3, 2015 Lenders said the delay in implementing the combined loan and closing disclosures is giving them valuable added time to train...
Ares Commercial Real Estate Reports Higher 2Q Profit
July 30, 2015 Ares Commercial Real Estate reported a higher second-quarter profit on growth in principal lending and mortgage banking.
Conforming Mortgage Rates Fall This Week: Freddie Mac
July 30, 2015 There was a six-basis-point decline in the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage during the week ending July 30, Freddie Mac said in its...
Prospect to End Use of Marketing Services Agreements
July 30, 2015 Prospect Mortgage will end any activities being undertaken as part of marketing services agreements because of regulatory risk.
Black Knight Reports 2Q Profit on Higher Revenue
July 30, 2015 Black Knight Financial Services swung to a profit in the second quarter, the first reporting period after it completed an...
Down Payment Amounts Increase in 2Q: LendingTree
July 29, 2015 Down payments increased in size in the second quarter, as competition for homes picked up this summer, according to LendingTree.
Ellie Mae's Mortgage Automation Product Receives Patent
July 29, 2015 Ellie Mae has obtained a patent for its automated mortgage origination and processing software.
- House Committee Passes Bills to Delay TRID Enforcement, Revise QM
- Top Producer Shares Her Secret to Keeping Referral Partners Happy
- Down Payment Programs Not a Scam, FHA to Tell Watchdog
- SIGTARP Wants to Know Why Servicers Deny 70% of HAMP Requests
- CFPB Fines Fidelity National Financial, Western Union Units $38M
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater