Recent Stories From this Author
Bank of America Agrees to $17B Mortgage Settlement: Report
August 20, 2014 Bank of America has agreed to pay $17 billion to settle federal investigators' allegations that it sold shoddy mortgage-backed...
CIT's Thain: We Like Mortgages, Won't Sell OneWest Portfolio
July 23, 2014 CIT Group, which is acquiring the former IndyMac, will let the bank's $7.6 billion mortgage book run off. "It is an attractive...
New York's Multifamily Lenders Adapt to Political Changes
July 9, 2014 New York banks have been worried that Mayor Bill de Blasio's plans for affordable housing would hurt multifamily lending. But...
Midsize Banks Hold More Mortgages Despite Rate Risk
June 11, 2014 Some regional and large community banks are retaining more mortgages for investment because better-than-average deposit growth...
The Next Mortgage Threat: Homeowners Who Stay Put
May 14, 2014 Homeowners who took advantage of the refinancing boom aren't buying new houses, because it would mean taking on higher-rate...
Banks Try to Fend Off Affordable Housing Mandate in New York
March 14, 2014 Elected officials from President Obama to the new mayor of New York want to kick-start a building boom in affordable housing.
Georgia Banker Vents About QM to CFPB's No. 2 Official
March 6, 2014 Scott Tomlinson at Flint Community Bank used a meeting with the agency's deputy director to speak his mind on the shortcomings...
Why It Takes Guts to Run a Bank on the Block
December 30, 2013 Hudson City’s planned expansion into commercial real estate lending is on hold as the acquisition by M&T drags on.
Fracking Boom Gives Banks Mortgage Headaches
November 12, 2013 Banks, along with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are revisiting mortgage lending policies to address fracking concerns. Some...
Banks Brace for End of Prepayment Penalty Boom
November 1, 2013 Call it the second wave of the mortgage-refinancing collapse. Prepayment penalty income is about to crash. Hard. Especially in...
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter