Recent Stories From this Author
Fifth Third, BB&T Chiefs Voice Pressures on Bankers
October 16, 2014 The lackluster earnings season for regional banks continued. Executives at Fifth Third and BB&T shared concerns about margin...
Fifth Third Profit Falls on Vantiv Adjustment, Mortgages
October 16, 2014 Fifth Third Bancorp in Cincinnati reported lower earnings because of a decline in mortgage revenue and a negative valuation...
New Pressure to Abolish Thrifts' Qualified Lender Test
September 4, 2014 One reason so many federal thrifts have switched to other charters is that the Qualified Thrift Lender test impedes their...
Bank of America Agrees to $17B Mortgage Settlement: Report
August 20, 2014 Bank of America has agreed to pay $17 billion to settle federal investigators' allegations that it sold shoddy mortgage-backed...
CIT's Thain: We Like Mortgages, Won't Sell OneWest Portfolio
July 23, 2014 CIT Group, which is acquiring the former IndyMac, will let the bank's $7.6 billion mortgage book run off. "It is an attractive...
New York's Multifamily Lenders Adapt to Political Changes
July 9, 2014 New York banks have been worried that Mayor Bill de Blasio's plans for affordable housing would hurt multifamily lending. But...
Midsize Banks Hold More Mortgages Despite Rate Risk
June 11, 2014 Some regional and large community banks are retaining more mortgages for investment because better-than-average deposit growth...
The Next Mortgage Threat: Homeowners Who Stay Put
May 14, 2014 Homeowners who took advantage of the refinancing boom aren't buying new houses, because it would mean taking on higher-rate...
Banks Try to Fend Off Affordable Housing Mandate in New York
March 14, 2014 Elected officials from President Obama to the new mayor of New York want to kick-start a building boom in affordable housing.
Georgia Banker Vents About QM to CFPB's No. 2 Official
March 6, 2014 Scott Tomlinson at Flint Community Bank used a meeting with the agency's deputy director to speak his mind on the shortcomings...
- JPM, Wells Loan Officers Got Kickbacks from Title Firm, CFPB Says
- Altisource Adds Chief Revenue Officer to Ease Reliance on Ocwen
- Ocwen's Altisource Spinoff Fires 800 as CEO Pleas for Calm
- Hope of FHA Refi Boom Grows on Eve of Premium Cut
- What a New Measure of Mortgage Denials Reveals About Credit Access
- 2015 Existing Home Sales Expected to Pick Up Where 2014 Left Off, According to Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast
- Auction.com iPad App Used by Bidder to Buy Best Western Hotel for $2.2 Million
- Statement from Auction.com Research Topic: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) December Employment Situation
- Inlanta Mortgage Opens New Illinois Branch Office
- Auction.com Facilitates the Closing of More than $205 Million in Commercial Assets in November