Atare Agbamu is president/CEO of advisory firm ThinkReverse LLC, Oakdale, Minn. He previously was director of reverse mortgages at AdvisorNet Mortgage LLC, Minneapolis. Agbamu has experience both originating and marketing reverse mortgages. He also is an author of a book about the loans and has written more than 250 articles on the topic since 2002.
Recent Stories From this Author
Revoke Mortgagee Letter 2015-03 for Nonborrowing Spouses
April 24, 2015 A new federal lawsuit is an early warning that a recent federal policy letter designed to address litigation over Home Equity...
An Open Letter to CFPB’s Richard Cordray
October 29, 2014 The court asked another governmental entity to remedy the plight of non-borrowing spouses facing foreclosure. So far options...
An Open Letter to FHA's Carol Galante
September 12, 2014 A plea for the Federal Housing Administration official to finish clarifying the rights of spouses unnamed on Home Equity...
Solve the HECM Non-borrowing Spouse Problem
January 15, 2013 A recent DC Circuit Court decision granting standing to surviving non-borrowing-spouses who sued HUD is an...
HUD Should Protect Nonborrowing Spouses
January 13, 2012 The doors to the first chamber of justice in the federal court system have been shut in the faces of nonborrowing spouses in...
- House Committee Passes Bills to Delay TRID Enforcement, Revise QM
- CFPB Fines Fidelity National Financial, Western Union Units $38M
- Top Producer Shares Her Secret to Keeping Referral Partners Happy
- Down Payment Programs Not a Scam, FHA to Tell Watchdog
- SIGTARP Wants to Know Why Servicers Deny 70% of HAMP Requests
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater