Recent Stories From this Author
FDIC Hits Eight Banks with Enforcement Orders
June 28, 2013 The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. in May issued enforcement orders against eight banks and freed nine others from prior...
Moody's Warns of Losses from Home Equity Loans
June 25, 2013 Banks face a looming financial risk from home equity loans, an international ratings agency is warning.
Flagstar Settles RMBS Lawsuit for $105 Million
June 24, 2013 Flagstar Bancorp will pay $105 million to settle allegations it misrepresented the quality of loans backing securities insured...
FDIC Suit Seeks $10M from Leaders of Failed Georgia Bank
June 21, 2013 The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. has charged nine former directors of Southern Community Bank in Fayetteville, Ga., with...
Regulators List Nonmetropolitan Areas Eligible for CRA Credit
June 20, 2013 Regulators have published the latest catalog of places outside metropolitan areas where lending will earn banks credit toward...
Mortgage Fee Suit Against JPMorgan May Proceed: Judge
June 17, 2013 JPMorgan Chase must defend itself against allegations that it charged millions of dollars in improper fees to mortgage...
Ocwen to Buy Servicing Rights from OneWest for $2.5B
June 14, 2013 The Atlanta mortgage servicer said it would buy $78 billion in unpaid principal balances of mortgage servicing rights using a...
Wells Fargo Acquitted in Kickback Lawsuit
June 10, 2013 A group of homeowners who sued the Wells Fargo and the real estate firm Long & Foster failed to prove that Wells Fargo...
Citigroup Settles Subprime Suit
June 3, 2013 The settlement ends an effort by International Fund Management of Luxembourg, DekaBank of Germany, and other investors to...
Veterans United Selects Ellie Mae’s Mortgage Software
May 29, 2013 Veterans United, which serves active and retired members of the military, financed roughly $3.3 billion in loans last year.
- Auction.com iPad App Used by Bidder to Buy Best Western Hotel for $2.2 Million
- Statement from Auction.com Research Topic: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) December Employment Situation
- Inlanta Mortgage Opens New Illinois Branch Office
- Auction.com Facilitates the Closing of More than $205 Million in Commercial Assets in November
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at November Mortgage Data: Delinquencies Jump 12 Percent From October; Foreclosures Continue Decline