Recent Stories From this Author
FDIC Hits Eight Banks with Enforcement Orders
June 28, 2013 The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. in May issued enforcement orders against eight banks and freed nine others from prior...
Moody's Warns of Losses from Home Equity Loans
June 25, 2013 Banks face a looming financial risk from home equity loans, an international ratings agency is warning.
Flagstar Settles RMBS Lawsuit for $105 Million
June 24, 2013 Flagstar Bancorp will pay $105 million to settle allegations it misrepresented the quality of loans backing securities insured...
FDIC Suit Seeks $10M from Leaders of Failed Georgia Bank
June 21, 2013 The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. has charged nine former directors of Southern Community Bank in Fayetteville, Ga., with...
Regulators List Nonmetropolitan Areas Eligible for CRA Credit
June 20, 2013 Regulators have published the latest catalog of places outside metropolitan areas where lending will earn banks credit toward...
Mortgage Fee Suit Against JPMorgan May Proceed: Judge
June 17, 2013 JPMorgan Chase must defend itself against allegations that it charged millions of dollars in improper fees to mortgage...
Ocwen to Buy Servicing Rights from OneWest for $2.5B
June 14, 2013 The Atlanta mortgage servicer said it would buy $78 billion in unpaid principal balances of mortgage servicing rights using a...
Wells Fargo Acquitted in Kickback Lawsuit
June 10, 2013 A group of homeowners who sued the Wells Fargo and the real estate firm Long & Foster failed to prove that Wells Fargo...
Citigroup Settles Subprime Suit
June 3, 2013 The settlement ends an effort by International Fund Management of Luxembourg, DekaBank of Germany, and other investors to...
Veterans United Selects Ellie Mae’s Mortgage Software
May 29, 2013 Veterans United, which serves active and retired members of the military, financed roughly $3.3 billion in loans last year.
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Wells Fargo to Cut 1,000 Mortgage Servicing Jobs
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer