Brian Collins and Mark Fogarty
Recent Stories From this Author
Will Non-QM Loans Be Available This Year?
February 7, 2014 There are plenty of companies waiting for a secondary mortgage market to develop for these high-margin loans.
FHA Manual Underwriting May Not Be the Answer
January 31, 2014 FHA officials believe lenders will qualify more borrowers with sub-680 credit scores via manual underwriting, but there is...
Add RESPA to List of Things the CFPB Is Serious About
January 24, 2014 The case involved a lender leasing space in a bank office with the rental fee allegedly based on loan production.
The Rush to Purchase Mortgages May Turn Out to Be Premature
January 17, 2014 If wishes always come true, lots of mortgage lenders will be increasing their volumes of purchase mortgages this year. But Fed...
Lender-Paid or Borrower-Paid, That Is the Pressing Question
January 10, 2014 There ought to be some flexibility to allow negotiated loan fees. But in these highly regulated days, nothing is easy.
Low Holiday Production Could Be a Sign of Things to Come
January 3, 2014 Borrowers have been generally in a rush to refinance during the holidays. This year, there has been no such impetus.
Looser Credit Could Make 2014 a Very Good Year
December 27, 2013 The Federal Housing Administration is handcuffed but Fannie Mae and Freddie Macís new regulator is expected to favor broader...
Regs Could Prevent Builders From Raising Price on Homes
December 20, 2013 Companies like Lennar Corp. have seen an 18% jump in prices on their inventory this year.
FHA Sticking with High Premiums Even With Good Financial Report
December 13, 2013 The only relief might come from a deduction for first-timers if they get housing counseling.
Non QM Lending Poses Risks, but May Not Be All That Costly
December 6, 2013 The CFPB estimates litigation expense could be just 10 basis points per loan, or even lower.
- How an End to MSAs Will Level the Mortgage Playing Field
- Mortgage Servicers Resume Securitizing Repayment Rights
- CEO's Resignation May Portend Stonegate's Pursuit of an Acquirer: Analyst
- Real Estate Agents to Extend Contracts for New Mortgage Disclosures
- Are All Marketing Services Agreements Illegal? Don't Go There
- NTC named one of the Top Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the Fourth Consecutive Year by Inc. Magazine
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report