University of Maryland
Clifford Rossi is an executive-in-residence and Tyser Teaching Fellow at the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business. He has held senior risk management and credit positions at Citigroup, Washington Mutual, Countrywide, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Recent Stories From this Author
Urban Legends of Fannie and Freddie
October 27, 2014 Making the GSEs out to be the villains of the mortgage crisis is an easy sell to a fearful and angry public, but doesn’t make...
GSE Reform Bill Falls Short of Assuring Small Lenders Survive
April 21, 2014 The proposed Small Lender Mutual cooperative would be expensive for small firms to capitalize, and its securities may get...
Conflicting Mortgage Rules Prolong Reign of the GSEs
November 25, 2013 Lenders' choices today are stark: Make Qualified Mortgage loans and risk being sued under the disparate-impact doctrine; make...
Mortgage Markets Will Pay Price for CFPB’s Contradictory Policies
August 19, 2013 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's qualified mortgage rules and the agency's intention to pursue disparate impact...
Federal Home Loan Banks’ Fortunes May Be on the Rise
July 9, 2013 Buried in the Corker-Warner reform bill are two provisions that would give the Federal Home Loan banks an opportunity to play...
Mortgage Database Will Attempt To Identify Problems in Advance
November 26, 2012 Recriminations about what caused the greatest mortgage meltdown in U.S. history continue to play out in various ways.
National Mortgage Database Faces Challenges in Becoming Go-To Risk Tool
November 14, 2012 Recriminations about what caused the greatest mortgage meltdown in U.S. history continue to play out in various ways.
Need for Speed Played Big Role in Mortgage Crisis
August 28, 2012 The roots of the mortgage crisis stretch back to 1996 with the introduction of Freddie Macs Loan Prospector and Fannie...
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Wells Fargo to Cut 1,000 Mortgage Servicing Jobs
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer