University of Maryland
Clifford Rossi is an executive-in-residence and Tyser Teaching Fellow at the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business. He has held senior risk management and credit positions at Citigroup, Washington Mutual, Countrywide, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Recent Stories From this Author
Urban Legends of Fannie and Freddie
October 27, 2014 Making the GSEs out to be the villains of the mortgage crisis is an easy sell to a fearful and angry public, but doesn’t make...
GSE Reform Bill Falls Short of Assuring Small Lenders Survive
April 21, 2014 The proposed Small Lender Mutual cooperative would be expensive for small firms to capitalize, and its securities may get...
Conflicting Mortgage Rules Prolong Reign of the GSEs
November 25, 2013 Lenders' choices today are stark: Make Qualified Mortgage loans and risk being sued under the disparate-impact doctrine; make...
Mortgage Markets Will Pay Price for CFPB’s Contradictory Policies
August 19, 2013 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's qualified mortgage rules and the agency's intention to pursue disparate impact...
Federal Home Loan Banks’ Fortunes May Be on the Rise
July 9, 2013 Buried in the Corker-Warner reform bill are two provisions that would give the Federal Home Loan banks an opportunity to play...
Mortgage Database Will Attempt To Identify Problems in Advance
November 26, 2012 Recriminations about what caused the greatest mortgage meltdown in U.S. history continue to play out in various ways.
National Mortgage Database Faces Challenges in Becoming Go-To Risk Tool
November 14, 2012 Recriminations about what caused the greatest mortgage meltdown in U.S. history continue to play out in various ways.
Need for Speed Played Big Role in Mortgage Crisis
August 28, 2012 The roots of the mortgage crisis stretch back to 1996 with the introduction of Freddie Macs Loan Prospector and Fannie...
- Appraiser Shortage Could Gum Up the Works at Mortgage Lenders
- Cash-Strapped Servicers Fill Gaps by Borrowing Against Their MSRs
- Foreclosure Law Firm Butler & Hosch Closes Its Doors
- Vendor's Videos Aim to Educate Borrowers, Protect Lenders
- 'Stealth' GSE Reform: Two Major Changes in Shelby's Reg Relief Bill
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report