University of Maryland
Clifford Rossi is an executive-in-residence and Tyser Teaching Fellow at the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business. He has held senior risk management and credit positions at Citigroup, Washington Mutual, Countrywide, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Recent Stories From this Author
Conflicting Mortgage Rules Prolong Reign of the GSEs
November 25, 2013 Lenders' choices today are stark: Make Qualified Mortgage loans and risk being sued under the disparate-impact doctrine; make...
Mortgage Markets Will Pay Price for CFPB’s Contradictory Policies
August 19, 2013 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's qualified mortgage rules and the agency's intention to pursue disparate impact...
Federal Home Loan Banks’ Fortunes May Be on the Rise
July 9, 2013 Buried in the Corker-Warner reform bill are two provisions that would give the Federal Home Loan banks an opportunity to play...
Mortgage Database Will Attempt To Identify Problems in Advance
November 26, 2012 Recriminations about what caused the greatest mortgage meltdown in U.S. history continue to play out in various ways.
National Mortgage Database Faces Challenges in Becoming Go-To Risk Tool
November 14, 2012 Recriminations about what caused the greatest mortgage meltdown in U.S. history continue to play out in various ways.
Need for Speed Played Big Role in Mortgage Crisis
August 28, 2012 The roots of the mortgage crisis stretch back to 1996 with the introduction of Freddie Macs Loan Prospector and Fannie...
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders
- AmeriSave Mortgage President Retires, New President Announced