Recent Stories From this Author
Banks Making Fewer Mortgages Because of New CFPB Rules, Fed Says
August 4, 2014 The senior officer loan survey, which is released by the Fed every three months, asked both large U.S. banks and foreign banks...
Fed Pares Bond Buying Program to $35B
June 18, 2014 The Federal Reserve Board on Wednesday continued to shrink its stimulus program by yet another $10 billion clip.
Lending on the Rise as Economy Recovers: Fed Report
June 4, 2014 Lenders across the country reported increased demand from consumers and businesses, continuing a prevailing trend from earlier...
FHFA’s Watt to Stay Out of GSE Reform Fray
May 13, 2014 In a wide-ranging speech on Tuesday, new FHFA Director Mel Watt said he would not weigh in on the housing finance reform...
Fed Inches Closer to the End of the Taper
April 30, 2014 The Federal Reserve Board on Wednesday neared the halfway mark of unwinding its unprecedented bond buying program, reducing...
Fed Continues to Trim Bond-Buying Program
March 19, 2014 WASHINGTON -- The Federal Reserve Board on Wednesday took yet another step in unwinding its bond buying program, paring it to...
Cheat Sheet: Details from the Johnson-Crapo GSE Bill
March 17, 2014 The bill released by Sens. Tim Johnson and Mike Crapo would create a reinsurance fund to recoup losses on securities,...
Mortgage Lending Declines Due to Harsh Winter
March 5, 2014 Consumers were less eager to seek new mortgage loans for home purchases in the first quarter, according to a Federal Reserve...
Four Takeaways from Obama's FY2015 Budget
March 4, 2014 While the budget was once again focused on other issues than financial services, it provided an update on the White House's...
Fannie, Freddie Ordered to End Reimbursements for Force-Placed Insurance
November 5, 2013 The Federal Housing Finance Agency told the government-sponsored enterprises to stop compensating mortgage servicers for...
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Wells Fargo to Cut 1,000 Mortgage Servicing Jobs
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer