Recent Stories From this Author
Former San Diego County CU Executive Files Whistleblower Suit
November 6, 2013 Mortgage fees charged without proper disclosures were among concerns whistleblower Scott Norris raised to little effect, he...
CUs Lobby for Delay in Flood Insurance Rate Hikes
October 21, 2013 A bipartisan group of 10 senators also urged the Senate leaders to delay the rate hikes, which will average 10% for policies...
Space Coast CU Drops Fraud Suit Against Big Banks
October 16, 2013 The credit union has agreed to dismiss claims that Barclays filled the CDO with junk, hastening the demise of the one-time...
Founder of Central States Mortgage Indicted In CUSO Collapse
October 7, 2013 Richard Jungen, the founder of Central States Mortgage Co., along with three associates, was charged in a federal indictment...
FHLBs Want Slice of CUs’ Swap Business
October 4, 2013 The Federal Home Loan Banks are calling on NCUA to amend its proposed rules on interest rate swaps to allow the 12 regional...
Payments from CU National Make Most CUs Almost Whole
September 23, 2013 The restitution may make the credit unions whole as separate settlements with their insurer, CUMIS Insurance Society, and...
NCUA Asks 9th Circuit to Save More Corporate CU Claims
September 20, 2013 The claims are part of a suit seeking $629 million in damages from RBS Securities and several mortgage originators.
Failed Chicago Thrift Resurrected as Credit Union
September 20, 2013 Self-Help Federal Credit Union has officially reopened the failed thrift in conjunction with Chicago's Resurrection Project.
Victims of CU National Mortgage Fraud Share $8M Payout
September 16, 2013 The estate for U.S. Mortgage Corp. and its CU National Mortgage subsidiary paid 26 credit unions and Fannie Mae an initial...
Court Deals NCUA Another Setback in Wall Street Claims
September 4, 2013 NCUA has filed almost $10 billion of claims against the biggest Wall Street banks for the sale of faulty mortgage-backed...
- Appraiser Shortage Could Gum Up the Works at Mortgage Lenders
- Cash-Strapped Servicers Fill Gaps by Borrowing Against Their MSRs
- Vendors Flood Market with HOA Super-Lien Services
- Congress Urges CFPB to Delay Enforcement of New Mortgage Disclosures
- End Fannie and Freddie's Free Ride on Government Credit
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report