Recent Stories From this Author
Former San Diego County CU Executive Files Whistleblower Suit
November 6, 2013 Mortgage fees charged without proper disclosures were among concerns whistleblower Scott Norris raised to little effect, he...
CUs Lobby for Delay in Flood Insurance Rate Hikes
October 21, 2013 A bipartisan group of 10 senators also urged the Senate leaders to delay the rate hikes, which will average 10% for policies...
Space Coast CU Drops Fraud Suit Against Big Banks
October 16, 2013 The credit union has agreed to dismiss claims that Barclays filled the CDO with junk, hastening the demise of the one-time...
Founder of Central States Mortgage Indicted In CUSO Collapse
October 7, 2013 Richard Jungen, the founder of Central States Mortgage Co., along with three associates, was charged in a federal indictment...
FHLBs Want Slice of CUs’ Swap Business
October 4, 2013 The Federal Home Loan Banks are calling on NCUA to amend its proposed rules on interest rate swaps to allow the 12 regional...
Payments from CU National Make Most CUs Almost Whole
September 23, 2013 The restitution may make the credit unions whole as separate settlements with their insurer, CUMIS Insurance Society, and...
NCUA Asks 9th Circuit to Save More Corporate CU Claims
September 20, 2013 The claims are part of a suit seeking $629 million in damages from RBS Securities and several mortgage originators.
Failed Chicago Thrift Resurrected as Credit Union
September 20, 2013 Self-Help Federal Credit Union has officially reopened the failed thrift in conjunction with Chicago's Resurrection Project.
Victims of CU National Mortgage Fraud Share $8M Payout
September 16, 2013 The estate for U.S. Mortgage Corp. and its CU National Mortgage subsidiary paid 26 credit unions and Fannie Mae an initial...
Court Deals NCUA Another Setback in Wall Street Claims
September 4, 2013 NCUA has filed almost $10 billion of claims against the biggest Wall Street banks for the sale of faulty mortgage-backed...
- NTC named one of the Top Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the Fourth Consecutive Year by Inc. Magazine
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report