Structured Finance News
Felipe Ossa is senior editor of Structured Finance News and a contributor to National Mortgage News.
Recent Stories From this Author
REO-to-Rental Edges toward Conduit Deals
January 24, 2014 Players in the REO-to-rental space see a bright future in pooling the cash flows of many operators into conduit transactions,...
Single-Borrower CMBS Backed by New York Property Heading to Market
December 4, 2013 A building containing Macy’s corporate headquarters secures the loan collateralizing the $450 million commercial...
Steeper Interest Rates to Increase CMBS Risk
December 2, 2013 Rising interest rates next year will heighten both the term risk of new deals and the refinance risk of outstanding commercial...
Redwood Produces 12th RMBS of 2013
November 4, 2013 Redwood Trust continues to be the most active seller in the post-crisis jumbo residential-mortgage-backed securities market.
ABS East: Eminent Domain in the Crosshairs
October 8, 2013 It was predictable that ABS East would be rife with criticism of the way eminent domain is being used by local governments to...
SFIG Elects New Board, Reggie Imamura Still Chair
September 24, 2013 The Structured Finance Industry Group has elected a new, 40-person permanent board.
CMBS Costs Upped by Revised Retention Rules
September 11, 2013 If implemented as-is, the latest risk retention proposals that U.S. regulators released Aug. 28 will lead to changes in deal...
CMBS Quality Softens as Issuance Beats 2012
September 3, 2013 The issuance of U.S. commercial mortgage-backed securities has totaled $56 billion so far this year, handily beating the $48...
Moody’s: Russian RMBS Might See Upgrades
July 23, 2013 Upgrades might be in store for some Russian residential mortgage-backed securities thanks to recently enacted amendments to...
Barclays Bulks Up West Coast CMBS Team
July 12, 2013 Barclays is expanding its West Coast staff that handles commercial mortgage-backed securities.
- Ginnie Mae Nixes Bank of America Mortgage Servicing Transfer
- Lending Drops to 17-Year Low as Rates Curb Borrowing
- Ellie Mae's New Explanation for Outage Only Raises More Questions
- In Purchase Market, Focus Shifts to Products and Customer Service
- Mortgage Originations Could Drop to Lowest Level in 14 Years
- DocMagic: Delivering 99.999% Uptime Has Positive Impact on Lender Clients
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders