Recent Stories From this Author
Taylor Capital's Scrapped Mortgage Sale Reveals Pricing Divide
May 15, 2014 Buyers still exist for mortgage platforms. The problem is that the gap in pricing expectations for buyers and sellers has...
Immigrants Emerging as Unintended Victims of QM
April 11, 2014 People who lack a credit or work history in the United States may have trouble getting a mortgage under the new...
For Some Community Banks, QM Stands for Quitting Mortgages
January 10, 2014 The qualified mortgage rule, reduced refi activity and ongoing commoditization are forcing smaller institutions to take a hard...
Mortgages’ Full Toll on Small Banks Revealed
November 6, 2013 Community banks sustained a 27% decline in mortgage banking income last quarter, confirming the laments of individual banks...
Zions Zigs in Favor of Mortgages as Rivals Zag
October 23, 2013 The Salt Lake City company has long lagged in mortgages, and now is the time to get more aggressive as big rivals pull back...
How Banks Can Prepare for QM Rules Despite Tech Delays
September 19, 2013 Delays in software upgrades are forcing many small banks to play a waiting game when it comes to complying with new regulation.
Truth in Lending Litigation Slows but Bankers Remain Wary
June 28, 2013 Lawsuits tied to the Truth in Lending Act are on the decline—but bankers would be wise to delay any celebration. Court...
Smaller Banks Get Competitive on Ag Loan Rates
May 9, 2013 Small banks are turning to the Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corp.—better known as Farmer Mac—for lending to agricultural...
Price of Increased Regulatory Burden: Less Time for Customers
April 17, 2013 Regulatory change is taking increasingly bigger bites out of community bank lenders' bottom lines.
Farmer Mac Wants Small Banks to Give It a Second Look
April 12, 2013 Farmer Mac wants more community banks to consider using its services as a way of bringing in more revenue.
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter