Recent Stories From this Author
Ag Lenders Brace for Impact of Falling Commodity Prices
March 26, 2015 Farm banks have enjoyed several years of robust loan volume, but declining farm income has them on guard for increases in...
Small Banks Book More Loans as Slowdown Sets In
November 13, 2014 Community banks, on average, increased the size of their loan portfolios by 15% in the third quarter from a year earlier,...
Synovus' 3Q Misses Expectations Despite Loan Growth
October 21, 2014 Synovus Financial in Columbus, Ga., reported a higher third-quarter profit as its total loans and net interest income increased.
Small Banks Brace for Basel III Implementation
October 1, 2014 Community banks, by and large, appear well-prepared for capital standards that Basel II will phase in beginning in January....
Training Download for New Generation of Commercial Lenders
September 25, 2014 How banks are using online and classroom courses to teach young commercial lenders to stay on top of regulatory and market...
Taylor Capital's Scrapped Mortgage Sale Reveals Pricing Divide
May 15, 2014 Buyers still exist for mortgage platforms. The problem is that the gap in pricing expectations for buyers and sellers has...
Immigrants Emerging as Unintended Victims of QM
April 11, 2014 People who lack a credit or work history in the United States may have trouble getting a mortgage under the new...
For Some Community Banks, QM Stands for Quitting Mortgages
January 10, 2014 The qualified mortgage rule, reduced refi activity and ongoing commoditization are forcing smaller institutions to take a hard...
Mortgages’ Full Toll on Small Banks Revealed
November 6, 2013 Community banks sustained a 27% decline in mortgage banking income last quarter, confirming the laments of individual banks...
Zions Zigs in Favor of Mortgages as Rivals Zag
October 23, 2013 The Salt Lake City company has long lagged in mortgages, and now is the time to get more aggressive as big rivals pull back...
- Appraiser Shortage Could Gum Up the Works at Mortgage Lenders
- Cash-Strapped Servicers Fill Gaps by Borrowing Against Their MSRs
- Foreclosure Law Firm Butler & Hosch Closes Its Doors
- Vendor's Videos Aim to Educate Borrowers, Protect Lenders
- 'Stealth' GSE Reform: Two Major Changes in Shelby's Reg Relief Bill
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report