Recent Stories From this Author
Ag Lenders Brace for Impact of Falling Commodity Prices
March 26, 2015 Farm banks have enjoyed several years of robust loan volume, but declining farm income has them on guard for increases in...
Small Banks Book More Loans as Slowdown Sets In
November 13, 2014 Community banks, on average, increased the size of their loan portfolios by 15% in the third quarter from a year earlier,...
Synovus' 3Q Misses Expectations Despite Loan Growth
October 21, 2014 Synovus Financial in Columbus, Ga., reported a higher third-quarter profit as its total loans and net interest income increased.
Small Banks Brace for Basel III Implementation
October 1, 2014 Community banks, by and large, appear well-prepared for capital standards that Basel II will phase in beginning in January....
Training Download for New Generation of Commercial Lenders
September 25, 2014 How banks are using online and classroom courses to teach young commercial lenders to stay on top of regulatory and market...
Taylor Capital's Scrapped Mortgage Sale Reveals Pricing Divide
May 15, 2014 Buyers still exist for mortgage platforms. The problem is that the gap in pricing expectations for buyers and sellers has...
Immigrants Emerging as Unintended Victims of QM
April 11, 2014 People who lack a credit or work history in the United States may have trouble getting a mortgage under the new...
For Some Community Banks, QM Stands for Quitting Mortgages
January 10, 2014 The qualified mortgage rule, reduced refi activity and ongoing commoditization are forcing smaller institutions to take a hard...
Mortgages’ Full Toll on Small Banks Revealed
November 6, 2013 Community banks sustained a 27% decline in mortgage banking income last quarter, confirming the laments of individual banks...
Zions Zigs in Favor of Mortgages as Rivals Zag
October 23, 2013 The Salt Lake City company has long lagged in mortgages, and now is the time to get more aggressive as big rivals pull back...
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Wells Fargo to Cut 1,000 Mortgage Servicing Jobs
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer