Recent Stories From this Author
Ernst Publishing Patents Mortgage Fee Calculator
February 1, 2013 The patent positions the company to own parts of the technology that help calculate required mortgage fee...
Dodd-Frank Rules Are IT-Cost Prohibitive for Some Banks
January 15, 2013 Can a law that has yet to be fully implemented force a company to shut down a line of business?
Making Community Bank Mortgages on an Assembly Line
January 9, 2013 For smaller originator The Bank Mortgage Network, the struggle to stay legal and in business has led to a strategy that...
Google Search for Mortgages Faces a Tough, Uphill Battle
December 19, 2012 People widely use Google when house shopping, but a U.K. researcher says Google's own foray into mortgage comparison shopping,...
MphasiS Acquires Mortgage Risk Analytics Provider
December 3, 2012 The acquisition will add more than 1,500 mortgage risk specialists to service provider MphasiS and help the company provide...
The IRS Gives Mortgage Technology a Boost
November 27, 2012 The taxman is allowing electronic signatures to be used for income verification documents, removing a lingering obstacle to...
New Portals Provide Sneak Previews of Bank-Owned Properties
November 21, 2012 The recovery of the mortgage market relies partly on banks' ability to quickly sell the real estate properties they own to new...
Mortgage Modifications Get a Tech Makeover
November 13, 2012 New technology is aimed at streamlining the way qualifying documents are moved between borrowers and loan servicers.
Mobile Capture Comes to Mortgages
October 25, 2012 The technology that lets a user deposit checks by taking photos of them with his smartphone is being applied to mortgage...
How Bank of Tennessee Plans to Blend Business Process Management with Social Media
October 24, 2012 For smaller banks, searching for revolutionary technology is a bit like window shopping in Beverly Hills.
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders
- AmeriSave Mortgage President Retires, New President Announced