Based in Chelsea, Mich., John McDermott is a real estate and elder care attorney who represents both consumers and businesses. He can be emailed at email@example.com.
Recent Stories From this Author
Shared Appreciation Mortgage
December 19, 2013 The governor of New York and the Department of Financial Services have issued proposed regulations to assist homeowners who...
Tax Revenue, Who Pays?
December 12, 2013 Without tax dollars and revenue for governments, which no one wants to pay, things would become quite messy.
Maryland’s Subordination Solution
December 6, 2013 Often one of the biggest obstacles to a refi has been the need for a subordination agreement from a junior lien holder.
CFPB and FTC Will Be Scrutinizing Your Advertising Dollars
December 3, 2013 Lenders need to boost their consumer education spending and watch out for “advertorial” content, according to the feds.
Surf’s Up, and So Is Sticker Shock
November 21, 2013 Health care isn’t the only troubling national insurance issue, as anyone with a mortgage near a waterfront already knows. So...
What’s In a Lender’s Name? Plenty
November 14, 2013 A pre-approval letter should come from a major lender and not some “no name” mortgage broker.
Let’s Go to the HOPP
November 7, 2013 The Homeownership Protection Program is funded with money from the national mortgage settlement to help people avoid...
A Different FHA
October 31, 2013 It can be confusing when you share an acronym with a well-known agency in the same industry.
Will Four-Hour Closings Become the New Normal?
October 24, 2013 In case you have not been to a closing lately there are a ridiculous number of documents to be signed.
The Bank of Mom and Dad
October 17, 2013 It is becoming more and more common and the fun starts when the financial assistance from parents is attempted to be combined...
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders
- AmeriSave Mortgage President Retires, New President Announced