COO of Equator
John Vella is COO of Equator. He joined Equator in April 2010 and is responsible for implementing the companys growth strategy. Currently, Vella is leading the efforts to further expand the scope of the companys EQ Workstation, a fully automated online system that provides financial institutions with tools for managing default servicing, and the EQ Marketplace, which acts as an ecommerce forum connecting financial institutions with loan servicers, servicing vendors and real estate agents. Vella has more than 27 years of experience in the mortgage industry. Prior to joining Equator, he was the executive vice president responsible for special servicing for GMAC/Rescap. Previously, he held roles as president and chief executive officer of EMC Mortgage (a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase); CEO of Household Automotive; Chief Administrative Officer of Option One Mortgage and director at Freddie Mac and FDIC. Vella represents Equator as a panel participant or guest speaker at multiple industry tradeshows throughout the year. He is a graduate of Springfield College in Massachusetts as well as of the American Bankers Association and FDIC Credit School.
Recent Stories From this Author
The Case for a New Normal in REO Invoicing
November 20, 2012 When it comes to certain things in the default industry, many folks seem to equate leading edge with anything...
- NTC named one of the Top Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the Fourth Consecutive Year by Inc. Magazine
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report