Kevin Wack covers Capitol Hill for the American Banker. From 2009 to early 2011, he worked on financial policy in Washington, first as a fellow with the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations and later as a policy analyst and senior editor for the Congressional Oversight Panel for TARP. Prior to arriving in Washington, Wack worked as the investigative reporter for the Portland Press Herald in Maine. He has also reported for the Associated Press.
Recent Stories From this Author
Discover Finds Mortgages a Tough Nut to Crack
February 13, 2015 Just three years ago, CEO David Nelms heralded the purchase of LendingTree Loans as a milestone in Discover's evolution from a...
Discover's 4Q Hurt by Mortgages, Rewards Policy Change
January 21, 2015 Earnings at Discover Financial Services plunged by 33% in the fourth quarter, largely due to a charge tied to the firm's...
Delinquencies on Home Equity Loans Declined in 3Q: ABA Report
January 8, 2015 Late payments on home equity loans fell in the third quarter while delinquencies on home equity lines of credit rose slightly,...
Fannie, Freddie to Evaluate Alternative Credit-Scoring Models
September 22, 2014 The commitment by the two housing giants marks a win for upstart VantageScore Solutions in its quest to compete against...
Delinquencies Drop on Home Equity Lines, Mitigating Reset Fears
July 10, 2014 Home equity lines of credit have been a key area of improvement among consumer loan types, a report Thursday from the American...
Calif. Gov. Sued for Diverting National Mortgage Settlement Funds
March 14, 2014 A lawsuit alleges that Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown violated state law by diverting hundreds of millions of dollars from the...
Banks Disappointed Supreme Court Won’t Hear Disparate Impact Case
November 15, 2013 An out-of-court settlement in Mount Holly, N.J., means that the court will not weigh in on whether the controversial legal...
Household Debt Rises in 3Q: New York Fed
November 14, 2013 Total household indebtedness rose by $127 billion in 3Q13 from the prior quarter, mostly due to rising balances on mortgages,...
Force-Placed Rules Expected to Have Minimal Impact
November 6, 2013 The directive bars banks that do business with Fannie and Freddie from receiving commissions from insurers, but still lets...
FHFA Watchdog Opens Force-Placed Insurance Review
October 21, 2013 FHFA Acting Director Ed DeMarco has been vague about why the regulator rejected Fannie’s force-placed proposal, a decision...
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Wells Fargo to Cut 1,000 Mortgage Servicing Jobs
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer