Kevin Wack covers Capitol Hill for the American Banker. From 2009 to early 2011, he worked on financial policy in Washington, first as a fellow with the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations and later as a policy analyst and senior editor for the Congressional Oversight Panel for TARP. Prior to arriving in Washington, Wack worked as the investigative reporter for the Portland Press Herald in Maine. He has also reported for the Associated Press.
Recent Stories From this Author
Lending Club CEO Sees Opportunity in Mortgage Morass
August 3, 2015 Unlike in personal loans, where Lending Club saw an opportunity to lower the cost of consumer credit card debt, in mortgages,...
Marketplace Lender AssetAvenue Hires First CFO
July 31, 2015 AssetAvenue, a marketplace lender that specializes in commercial real estate finance, announced that it has hired Peter...
RealtyMogul, a Lending Club-Like Site for CRE Loans, Raises $35M
July 14, 2015 RealtyMogul.com, a Los Angeles-based marketplace lending platform, announced a new $35 million round in venture capital...
Marketplace Lenders See Real Estate as Next Big Target
July 9, 2015 A new crop of P-to-P loan platforms is focusing on commercial real estate loans that get ignored by banks.
Late Payments on Home Equity Loans Drop, Defying Warnings
July 8, 2015 The delinquency rate on loans backed by the value of consumers' homes hit a postcrisis low in the first quarter, according to...
California Gov. Unlawfully Diverted $331M from Mortgage Settlement: Judge
June 15, 2015 California Gov. Jerry Brown violated state law by diverting more than $331 million in mortgage settlement funds for uses...
Summers to Regulators: Don't Protect Banks from Competition
April 15, 2015 Former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers, who sits on Lending Club's board, said in a speech Wednesday that such...
Discover Finds Mortgages a Tough Nut to Crack
February 13, 2015 Just three years ago, CEO David Nelms heralded the purchase of LendingTree Loans as a milestone in Discover's evolution from a...
Discover's 4Q Hurt by Mortgages, Rewards Policy Change
January 21, 2015 Earnings at Discover Financial Services plunged by 33% in the fourth quarter, largely due to a charge tied to the firm's...
Delinquencies on Home Equity Loans Declined in 3Q: ABA Report
January 8, 2015 Late payments on home equity loans fell in the third quarter while delinquencies on home equity lines of credit rose slightly,...
- House Committee Passes Bills to Delay TRID Enforcement, Revise QM
- CFPB Fines Fidelity National Financial, Western Union Units $38M
- Top Producer Shares Her Secret to Keeping Referral Partners Happy
- Down Payment Programs Not a Scam, FHA to Tell Watchdog
- SIGTARP Wants to Know Why Servicers Deny 70% of HAMP Requests
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater