Recent Stories From this Author
BBCN Makes Big Retail Push as Key Reg Threshold Looms
May 20, 2015 The Korean-American bank is looking to diversify its balance sheet and revenue streams before it hits $10 billion in assets....
N.Y. Banks Cashing In on Brooklyn's Real Estate Boom
May 18, 2015 Dime Community and Flushing Financial are selling real estate in the borough, taking advantage of rising real estate prices....
Ocwen, Assurant Near $150M Settlement in Class Action Lawsuit
April 30, 2015 Ocwen Financial and Assurant have reached an agreement to settle charges that the embattled mortgage servicer profited from...
Surprise Refi Boom Spurs Unseasonably Strong Fees in 1Q Results
April 24, 2015 Low interest rates may be pressuring margins, but they provided a lift to community banks that sell mortgage originations....
Cherry Hill Mortgage to Buy Aurora Financial
February 12, 2015 Cherry Hill Mortgage Investment in Moorestown, N.J., has agreed to acquire Aurora Financial in Marlton, N.J.
Fitch Report Highlights Trend in Loan-Loss Data
February 10, 2015 A new report from Fitch Ratings found the percentage of loan principal a lender recorded as a loss after foreclosure was...
Mortgage Credit Standards Loosen in January: MBA
February 5, 2015 Lending standards loosened slightly in January, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Deval Receives Freddie Mac Servicer Approval
February 4, 2015 Deval, a loan servicing company in Dallas, has received its Freddie Mac servicer approval.
REO Liquidation Returns Rise in December: Black Knight
February 3, 2015 The sale of real estate owned properties generated greater returns than short sales in December, according to Black Knight...
Housing Market Stability Improved in November: Freddie
January 30, 2015 Stability is gradually returning to the housing market following the foreclosure crisis, according to Freddie Mac.
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report