Lynn Effinger is a veteran of more than three decades in the housing and mortgage servicing industries and the author of a memoire, "Believe to Achieve – The Power of Perseverance."
Recent Stories From this Author
Default Industry Standards Would Be Beneficial
January 12, 2015 Industrywide standards of best practices are a topic that deserves consideration by everyone involved. We should prove that...
Low-Down-Payment Mortgages Will Again Contribute to Rising REO
December 1, 2014 Despite the opinions of many that low-down-payment mortgages didn't cause the housing crisis, the fact is that these types of...
Expect Foreclosures and REO to Increase as QE Ends
October 30, 2014 With the news coming out on Oct. 28 that the Federal Open Market Committee has ended bond purchases, finishing its third round...
REO Brokers Should Diversify Services, but…
September 30, 2014 There are still enough indicators out there that suggest another round of foreclosures is near.
The Unvarnished Truth About Rising REO Volume
August 4, 2014 Signs are definitely pointing to a rise in REO activity across the country in specific markets, particularly in Massachusetts,...
The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
July 15, 2014 With mounting indicators clearly showing that the so-called housing recovery was just an illusion, and many housing industry...
Foreclosure Fast-Tracking Gains Momentum
May 12, 2014 Momentum continues to build for the fast-tracking of the foreclosure process on vacant, abandoned properties.
The Case for Fast-Tracking Foreclosures of Vacant Properties
March 14, 2014 Communities and governments would avoid having to deal with abandoned properties on a protracted basis, which pulls down local...
CFPB Analyst Emphasizes a More Level Playing Field
January 14, 2014 Ann Thompson intimated that she works almost exclusively with mortgage lenders and servicers examining their prioritization...
Property Preservation Remains Vital Area of Servicing
August 26, 2013 Despite numerous news reports indicating a decline in foreclosure inventory over the past several months, RealtyTrac pointed...
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Wells Fargo to Cut 1,000 Mortgage Servicing Jobs
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer