Recent Stories From this Author
Credit Union Groups Urge CFPB to Amend Servicing Regs
April 10, 2015 CUNA and NAFCU each submitted comment letters to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regarding 2013 Regulation X (RESPA)...
Credit Unions Struggle with TRID Tech Updates
April 9, 2015 In less than four months, mortgage providers across the nation must be ready to meet new disclosure requirements.
A Home of Their Own: When Will Millennials Finally Enter the Market?
April 8, 2015 When it comes to millennials, the $64,000 question is when will this generation be ready to start buying their first homes?
Credit Unions Position for Purchase Mortgage Growth
April 8, 2015 Credit unions as a whole will continue to grow their share of the mortgage market in 2015 and into 2016, say industry experts.
Arizona CU Reports New Mortgage Program Draws 'Tremendous Response'
February 18, 2015 As the real estate market rebounds in the Grand Canyon State's capital, one credit union here reports that a new mortgage...
Could Millennials Finally Find a Home in CUs?
September 15, 2014 Though the refinance boom is over and several mortgage giants are reeling as originations decline, some credit unions are...
GSE Bill Could Have Disparate Impact on Small Lenders
May 5, 2014 As a bill that could bring monumental changes to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac works its way through the Senate, some credit...
Consumers Back to Paying Mortgages Before Credit Cards: TransUnion
April 7, 2014 It took five years, but consumers finally are making their mortgage payments before credit card payments, according to recent...
As RE Markets Make a Comeback, CUSO Experiences Growth Spurt
December 9, 2013 As the real estate market continues to make a comeback, CUs are turning to a credit union service organization to help them...
CU Loan Growth Hits Highest Annual Rate Gain Since 2009
November 13, 2013 The primary drivers of loan growth continue to be first mortgages and vehicle loans.
- Mountain America tallies 500 e-closings on Pavaso Platform
- NTCs Collateral File Audit and Remediation Service Enhances Portfolio Value and Security
- NTC Executive Helps Lead Effort to Publish Best Practices Document Now Approved by PRIA Board
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater