Penny Showalter is a managing director for Cognitive Options Group, a regulatory compliance consulting firm that also provides companies with operational, transactional and outsourcing services.
Recent Stories From this Author
Community Bankers Balancing Growth and New Regulation Compliance
May 3, 2013 By most statistical models, the majority of the nation’s 7,000-plus community banks weathered the financial crisis pretty well...
Regulatory Meltdown Starts Monday
January 17, 2013 We're hearing that while most financial institutions and government offices will be closed to honor Martin Luther Kings...
- Appraiser Shortage Could Gum Up the Works at Mortgage Lenders
- Cash-Strapped Servicers Fill Gaps by Borrowing Against Their MSRs
- Vendors Flood Market with HOA Super-Lien Services
- Congress Urges CFPB to Delay Enforcement of New Mortgage Disclosures
- End Fannie and Freddie's Free Ride on Government Credit
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report