Chairman of the Board and Founder
Safeguard Properties Inc.
Robert Klein is the founder and chairman of the board for Safeguard Properties. Under Robert's leadership as CEO, Safeguard grew from a handful of employees in 1990 to over 900 today, with an extensive network of contractors throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Robert developed Safeguard around the motto "Customer Service = Resolution" with the mission of creating a company focused on client satisfaction and strong business relationships. Robert assumed the role of chairman in May of 2010.
Since Safeguard's inception, Robert has developed and maintained a reputation as an innovator and is recognized as a leader and an advocate for the industry. Robert continually focuses his attention on initiatives affecting our clients, providing current and relevant industry information and offering creative solutions to meet their needs.
Robert serves as chair of the National Vacant Properties Registration Committee of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA). He also represents not only Safeguard, but the industry as a whole, in national associations including MBA, USFN, CMBA and REOMAC. He has been a session leader and panelist at their yearly conferences, in addition to being the primary sponsor of the annual National Property Preservation Conference, which began in 2004. In 2009, Robert received the prestigious Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award. He won both in the northeast Ohio region in the category of professional services and asset management firms, and nationally in the servicing category.
Recent Stories From this Author
Statewide Vacant Property Registries
January 25, 2013 An encouraging trend has emerged in Maryland, Georgia, Connecticut, and New Jersey, which have adopted statewide vacant...
Vacant and Abandoned Properties on the Foreclosure Fast Track
January 3, 2013 Although mortgage servicers hire field service companies to preserve these properties, the property will deteriorate without a...
Hurricane Sandy Disaster Response
November 27, 2012 The mortgage industry and its field servicing partners can utilize the lessons learned from Katrina to protect and restore...
State Laws Validate Field Service Companies Work
June 20, 2012 Both bills validate the work field services companies do to maintain properties on behalf of their clients to maintain...
Community Stabilization through Non Performing Loan Programs
April 2, 2012 Since the collapse of the real estate markets, municipalities and non-profit organizations have created large-scale programs...
Addressing Vacancy Problems for Any Housing Recovery
March 28, 2012 No single solution will repair the damage done by the lingering housing crisis. And one-off loan-by-loan solutions...
Communities Speak and the Industry Listens: Housing Recovery Opportunities and Local Responses
February 1, 2012 The mounting inventory of Real Estate Owned (REO) properties has impacted and created new opportunities for communities. In...
What Will It Take to Stabilize Communities?
January 4, 2012 When we turn the calendar to 2012, the U.S presidential race will heat up. America's housing crisis is certain to be a hot...
When Default Cannot Be Avoided: Best Practices for Property Disposition
January 23, 2011 The fight against vacant blight continues in communities across the nation, and property disposition is central to finding a...
- Appraiser Shortage Could Gum Up the Works at Mortgage Lenders
- Cash-Strapped Servicers Fill Gaps by Borrowing Against Their MSRs
- Foreclosure Law Firm Butler & Hosch Closes Its Doors
- Vendor's Videos Aim to Educate Borrowers, Protect Lenders
- 'Stealth' GSE Reform: Two Major Changes in Shelby's Reg Relief Bill
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report