Recent Stories From this Author
Push for More Details on Bank Settlements Likely to Intensify
August 29, 2014 The Justice Department's recent $16.6 billion deal with Bank of America over crisis-era mortgage fraud has raised fresh...
How Richard Shelby Would Guide Senate Banking Panel (Again)
August 28, 2014 Sen. Richard Shelby isn't new to Banking Committee leadership, but he would face a crucial ticking clock if he returns as...
How Sherrod Brown Would Guide the Senate Banking Panel
August 25, 2014 Sen. Sherrod Brown may give the country's biggest banks heartburn, but there are signs he's positioning himself as an industry...
Four Takeaways from B of A's Record DOJ Settlement
August 21, 2014 Bank of America must pay a record amount for mortgage-related claims, but the accord still leaves questions about tax...
Three Takeaways from Citi's $7B Mortgage Settlement
July 14, 2014 The Justice Department's $7 billion deal with Citigroup is likely not the last big government maneuver to penalize banks for...
House Democrats Unveil Alternative GSE Bill
July 10, 2014 Reps. John Delaney, D-Md., John Carney, D-Del., and Jim Himes, D-Conn., introduced a new housing bill Thursday designed to...
Senate Banking Panel Advances HUD Nominee
June 25, 2014 The Senate Banking Committee approved Julian Castro, the mayor of San Antonio, on Wednesday to head the Department of Housing...
House Banking Panel Passes Terrorism Risk Insurance Bill
June 20, 2014 The House Financial Services Committee approved legislation Friday to extend and modify the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act.
As House Panel Battles Over TRIA, Larger Fight Looms
June 19, 2014 A proposal to extend and modify the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act divided the House Financial Services Committee down party...
House Republicans Unveil Terrorism Risk Insurance Bill
June 17, 2014 Rep. Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas, introduced a new plan Tuesday to modify and extend the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act.
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter