Recent Stories From this Author
Three Takeaways from Citi's $7B Mortgage Settlement
July 14, 2014 The Justice Department's $7 billion deal with Citigroup is likely not the last big government maneuver to penalize banks for...
House Democrats Unveil Alternative GSE Bill
July 10, 2014 Reps. John Delaney, D-Md., John Carney, D-Del., and Jim Himes, D-Conn., introduced a new housing bill Thursday designed to...
Senate Banking Panel Advances HUD Nominee
June 25, 2014 The Senate Banking Committee approved Julian Castro, the mayor of San Antonio, on Wednesday to head the Department of Housing...
House Banking Panel Passes Terrorism Risk Insurance Bill
June 20, 2014 The House Financial Services Committee approved legislation Friday to extend and modify the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act.
As House Panel Battles Over TRIA, Larger Fight Looms
June 19, 2014 A proposal to extend and modify the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act divided the House Financial Services Committee down party...
House Republicans Unveil Terrorism Risk Insurance Bill
June 17, 2014 Rep. Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas, introduced a new plan Tuesday to modify and extend the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act.
House Passes Tweak to Loosen QM Rule
June 10, 2014 The House approved a bill Monday evening to modify the calculation of certain "points and fees" under the Consumer Financial...
Three Takeaways from Senate Banking Panel’s TRIA Vote
June 4, 2014 The Senate Banking Committee approved legislation Tuesday to extend the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act, a program due to expire...
Senate Banking Panel Passes TRIA Extension
June 3, 2014 The Senate Banking Committee approved a bill Tuesday to reauthorize the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act for seven years.
Why a Twitter Fight Raises Important Questions About Credit Access
May 27, 2014 A battle over social media about how well the current housing finance system treats African-Americans and other minorities has...
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter