For several months now we’ve been hearing talk that certain community banks and credit unions have been placing mortgages in portfolio that aren’t quite ‘A’ – that is, loans that miss Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac guidelines for one reason or another. From what we’re told, these are mortgages where the borrower has substantial assets but cannot prove their income is such-and-such. Many of these borrowers are business owners who quite frankly aren’t sure what their total income will be until the year ends. Is this the beginning of a recovery in alt-A (almost-A) lending? We know this: the ‘self employed’ mortgage market is the most underserved one out there.
A daily video that gives you mortgage news, plus a little attitude.
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Executives Attend PRIA and NACRC ConferenceseRecording Manager Speaks on Panel
- AllRegs Launches Consumer Training Resources for Financial Services Industry
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Names Michael OConnell Chief Operations Officer
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Earns Inc.s Hire Power AwardRecognized for Strengthening the Economy
- New DocMagic Facility Wins Prestigious AIA Honors Award