In case you missed the headline story in National Mortgage News Online, Basel III has been delayed by banking regulators -- which could mean absolutely nothing or a whole lot in regard to where the megabanks are headed in terms of mortgage servicing rights. As we’ve noted in past blog postings, there has been talk that Basel III might be killed entirely. In delaying the rule regulators (interestingly) gave no guidance on when a new date might be created. Readers of NMN know that Basel III caps MSRs (as an asset) at 10% to 15% of core capital from the current allowance of 100%. Does this mean that the MSR deconsolidation we’ve seen over the past year could reverse?
A daily video that gives you mortgage news, plus a little attitude.
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Executives Attend PRIA and NACRC ConferenceseRecording Manager Speaks on Panel
- AllRegs Launches Consumer Training Resources for Financial Services Industry
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Names Michael OConnell Chief Operations Officer
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Earns Inc.s Hire Power AwardRecognized for Strengthening the Economy
- New DocMagic Facility Wins Prestigious AIA Honors Award