This Thursday President Obama squares off against his Republican challenger Mitt Romney for a second debate. It would be nice if the moderator asks the candidates if they favor keeping the tax deduction for mortgage interest and if the answer is yes – what will the cap be? Presently it’s $1 million per household but Republicans, historically, don’t tend to be ‘friends’ of housing. Then again, liberal Democrats might argue that neither is this president. Meanwhile, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac report third quarter earnings next month and chances are both will post solid numbers – but the cash (of course) will wind up in the coffers of the U.S. Treasury. As for the future of the GSEs, that issue is wide open.
A daily video that gives you mortgage news, plus a little attitude.
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Executives Attend PRIA and NACRC ConferenceseRecording Manager Speaks on Panel
- AllRegs Launches Consumer Training Resources for Financial Services Industry
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Names Michael OConnell Chief Operations Officer
- Nationwide Title Clearing, Inc. (NTC) Earns Inc.s Hire Power AwardRecognized for Strengthening the Economy
- New DocMagic Facility Wins Prestigious AIA Honors Award