If GOP hopeful Mitt Romney has his way HUD will be killed and presumably so will the FHA program. It’s election season and the candidate – hoping to appeal to conservatives – wants to stick a knife in HUD/FHA because, well, it’s a cabinet level agency and cutting big government is a red meat move. But first, Romney has to get elected. And if he does, then he has to get such a move through a Congress that presumably will be controlled by the GOP. So, if you think the housing market is tough now, just wait until the FHA program disappears. Of course, I’m sure the private sector is ready, willing and able to fill the void.
FHA to Shut Down in 2013?
APR 18, 2012 11:51am ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- Simplifile Adds 5 Counties in Western U.S. to Nations Largest E-Recording Network
- Simplifile Expands E-recording Network to Another 9 Southeast Counties, 14 Midwest Counties
- Simplifile Q2 2016 Report Finds Emerging Preference Among Lenders for Settlement Partners Who E-Record
- Another 23 Counties Across South, Midwest Adopt Simplifile E-Recording
- Simplifile Staffs Up to Support Mortgage Lender Initiatives