As the year draws down some lenders are starting to wonder about the year ahead and few I’ve talked to feel sick about 2013. In short, they like their chances. Small nonbanks, of course, are concerned about higher net worth minimums coming out of the GSEs but so far there’s been more smoke than fire. Hedge funds and PE firms continue to analyze the industry, looking for a way to make a buck off mortgages. And yes there’s increasing interest from nontraditional players who realize that yes, mortgage servicing, rights are dirt cheap. MSRs may be a bargain compared to historic levels, but these outsiders don’t know how to get in on “the trade.” Or do they?
Outsiders Seek the Mortgage Banking Trade
DEC 5, 2012 12:27pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- Simplifile Integrates Collaboration, Post Closing Services with LendingQB
- Freedom Mortgage Wholesale Division Now Using Simplifile Collaboration Service
- Ellie Mae® Selects DataVerify® Risk Mitigation System for Its Total Quality Loan Program
- Four New Counties Adopt Simplifile as Wyoming Authorizes E-recording Statewide
- FIRST AMERICAN MORTGAGE SOLUTIONS INTEGRATES FRAUDGUARD WITH LOANLOGICS LOANHD PLATFORM