As the year draws down some lenders are starting to wonder about the year ahead and few I’ve talked to feel sick about 2013. In short, they like their chances. Small nonbanks, of course, are concerned about higher net worth minimums coming out of the GSEs but so far there’s been more smoke than fire. Hedge funds and PE firms continue to analyze the industry, looking for a way to make a buck off mortgages. And yes there’s increasing interest from nontraditional players who realize that yes, mortgage servicing, rights are dirt cheap. MSRs may be a bargain compared to historic levels, but these outsiders don’t know how to get in on “the trade.” Or do they?
Outsiders Seek the Mortgage Banking Trade
DEC 5, 2012 12:27pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions Announces New Relationship with Ellie Mae
- Aspen Grove Solutions announce strategic partnership with Brookstone Management, LLC
- Arch MI Announces Introduction of Ratestar; Risk-Based Pricing Program
- Seroka Differentiates Mortgage Industry Brands and Builds Winning Internal Cultures
- Applied Business Software Announces Major Software Update