Not that I want to sound like a Pollyanna, but it appears that the origination side of the mortgage industry is doing rather well right now. Volumes are strong and likely will outstrip last year’s totals. And what can we say about profit margins? Answer: It’s like manna from heaven. Warehouse lending credit is plentiful. In short, if you can’t make money in this market, you might as well get out now. Meanwhile, we keep hearing anecdotal stories that hiring is strong at several shops. We understand that specialty servicer Vericrest is hiring as is Nationstar, which hopes to be the winning bidder on Residential Capital Corp. And believe it or not, we heard that Bank of America is hiring, though it’s unclear if those new hires are true additions or replacements for those who have departed.
A Quiet Boom in Mortgage Hiring?
SEP 25, 2012 12:33pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- November Auction.com Real Estate Nowcast Predicts Existing Home Sales of 5.25 Million Units
- Auction.com Named One of AlwaysOns OnMobile Top 100 Companies for 2014
- Commercial Real Estate Recovery Continues to Strengthen According to Auction.com Research Report
- National Field Representatives Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- IDS Creates Internal Team to Manage Mortgage Doc Prep System Integrations