Don’t believe anything you read on Facebook, Twitter, basic cable, Fox News, MSNBC and any other media outlets about the outcome of this election – until this election is actually over. The problem with today’s interconnected world is that there are too many ‘information outlets’ in existence today thanks to that wonderful invention called the Internet. Note: very few represent professionals who know what they’re talking about. You can always rely on a print newspaper (remember them?) but the morning editions won’t be out until 4 a.m. Wednesday. So, what’s the message here? Only trust me? No, not at all. For mortgage professionals the future of their industry is in the balance – but not necessarily because of this election. Yes, a new (or existing) president can shape the details of mortgage finance, but in the end it will be industry trade groups and lobbyists who explain the important operating details to our elected leaders and regulators. Let’s hope they get it right.
In Early Voting, It Appears Romney is Ahead. Never Mind
NOV 6, 2012 12:14pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- Simplifile Integrates Collaboration, Post Closing Services with LendingQB
- Freedom Mortgage Wholesale Division Now Using Simplifile Collaboration Service
- Ellie Mae® Selects DataVerify® Risk Mitigation System for Its Total Quality Loan Program
- Four New Counties Adopt Simplifile as Wyoming Authorizes E-recording Statewide
- FIRST AMERICAN MORTGAGE SOLUTIONS INTEGRATES FRAUDGUARD WITH LOANLOGICS LOANHD PLATFORM