Let’s face it: the mortgage interest deduction is in play. Candidate Romney has already said he will look at reducing the tax write-off though the general consensus is that if he does it will be in place for mortgages of less than $500,000. To date, Obama has said little about the MID, though it’s possible that he will counter Romney by arguing for a higher threshold because of expensive markets like New York, San Francisco, Boston, etc. But will vice president Joe Biden and his opponent mention it during the debates Thursday? Stay tuned.
Will Obama Mention the Mortgage Interest Deduction Soon?
OCT 10, 2012 12:42pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- NTC Hits Industry Milestone for Electronic Recordation
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- NTC Snags Third Inc. 5000 Award, Places Number 2,097 on List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- Equifax Further Streamlines Lenders' Mortgage and Home Equity Origination Pipelines
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available