This might be a trick question. Wells Fargo is in the process (still) of tossing its broker network overboard, though I bet some its top producer shops will magically convert into mortgage bankers with the help of a certain megabank and its secretive warehouse division. We know that Wells is active in warehouse lending (but of course) but its commitments are kept at the Pentagon. As for wholesale lending, the channel has stabilized and it’s safe to say that no more megabanks will exit for the simple reason that none are left in the channel. Wells (going, going, gone), Bank of America (gone), Chase (gone), Citigroup (gone). And maybe that’s not such a bad thing for the brokerage community. It’s better to have many mid-sized providers than a bunch of megas giving you lousy menus.
Which Megabank Will Leave Wholesale Next?
DEC 14, 2012 12:34pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- Pavaso Achieves 2,000th Live Transaction on Digital Closing Platform
- DocMagic Announces the Formal Launch of its New Total eClosing Solution
- Hidden Income in Non-Performing Note Pools??
- DocMagic Unveils New Premium Rep and Warrant Offering Guaranteed TRID Compliance up to $5,000,000
- National General Lender Services Welcomes Carl Formato II and Jim Slowinski