The news that the privately held Prospect Mortgage of Sherman Oaks, Calif., has hired industry veteran Amy Brandt to head its foray into both servicing and correspondent lending should surprise no one. Brandt is a well respected mortgage manager who knows the business inside and out. Her ascension there is just another signal that nonbanks see a major opportunity in residential finance – despite all the talk of how Basel III (now on hold) and coming Dodd-Frank rules are going to force community banks out of the business. As I’ve asked before: just what are these executives working at the community banks going to do when they sell their firms? Open a McDonald’s franchise?
Here Come The Nonbanks? So Long Depositories?
NOV 12, 2012 12:21pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- Pavaso Achieves 2,000th Live Transaction on Digital Closing Platform
- DocMagic Announces the Formal Launch of its New Total eClosing Solution
- Hidden Income in Non-Performing Note Pools??
- DocMagic Unveils New Premium Rep and Warrant Offering Guaranteed TRID Compliance up to $5,000,000
- National General Lender Services Welcomes Carl Formato II and Jim Slowinski