The news that the privately held Prospect Mortgage of Sherman Oaks, Calif., has hired industry veteran Amy Brandt to head its foray into both servicing and correspondent lending should surprise no one. Brandt is a well respected mortgage manager who knows the business inside and out. Her ascension there is just another signal that nonbanks see a major opportunity in residential finance – despite all the talk of how Basel III (now on hold) and coming Dodd-Frank rules are going to force community banks out of the business. As I’ve asked before: just what are these executives working at the community banks going to do when they sell their firms? Open a McDonald’s franchise?
Here Come The Nonbanks? So Long Depositories?
NOV 12, 2012 12:21pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- Arbor Bank Selects Pavaso Digital Close Platform
- DocMagic Announces eQC Automated Due Diligence Solution for Investors and Correspondent Lenders
- Simplifile Signs On 22 Additional Counties in Midwest, West Coast regions
- Simplifile Adds 16 County Recording Offices Across Southeast, Mid-Atlantic
- Simplifile and Landtech Data Corporation Integration Streamlines E-Recoding Process for Settlement Service Providers