No wonder why PennyMac doesn’t talk much about its nonperforming loan business anymore. It’s safe to say that the publicly traded REIT is now a gorilla in the correspondent purchase market. How much of a gorilla? The firm was the fastest growing correspondent buyer in the third quarter, according to figures compiled by National Mortgage News and the Quarterly Data Report. How fast? Answer: a growth rate of 3,893%. That’s not a misprint. Nationwide, the firm ranked sixth with quarterly purchases of $6.2 billion. Now, if only we could see some warehouse numbers from them…
A daily video that gives you mortgage news, plus a little attitude.
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders
- AmeriSave Mortgage President Retires, New President Announced
- DocMagic Takes eSign to the Streets, Signs 4506-T in Moving Tesla