It’s time to think ahead a bit to the Spring of 2013. Around then refinancings will begin to wane (maybe) and smart mortgage bankers will begin concentrating on (hopefully) a vastly improved purchase money business. All this assumes, of course, that our elected officials in Congress can work with President Obama to fix the ‘fiscal cliff’ mess, thus avoid crashing the U.S. economy and causing the unemployment rate to spike. One thing we all know is this: unemployed Americans don’t tend to buy homes. When a strong purchase money business finally develops it will mean that residential loan officers with strong ties to Realtors and home builders will be worth their weight in gold.
Only LOs with Realtor/Builder Ties Need Apply?
NOV 14, 2012 12:22pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- IDS Updates Borrower Data Collection Fields, Supports MISMO v 3.4 for HMDA Compliance
- LenderLive to Assume PHHs Private Label Mortgage Operations in Jacksonville
- Simplifile E-recording Network Gains 43 New Counties in South, Midwest
- First American Mortgage Solutions Debuts Cleanfile Solutions To Help Lenders Perfect And Complete Collateral Files
- Simplifile Integrates Collaboration, Post Closing Services with LendingQB