It’s time to think ahead a bit to the Spring of 2013. Around then refinancings will begin to wane (maybe) and smart mortgage bankers will begin concentrating on (hopefully) a vastly improved purchase money business. All this assumes, of course, that our elected officials in Congress can work with President Obama to fix the ‘fiscal cliff’ mess, thus avoid crashing the U.S. economy and causing the unemployment rate to spike. One thing we all know is this: unemployed Americans don’t tend to buy homes. When a strong purchase money business finally develops it will mean that residential loan officers with strong ties to Realtors and home builders will be worth their weight in gold.
Only LOs with Realtor/Builder Ties Need Apply?
NOV 14, 2012 12:22pm ET
You must be registered to post a comment. Click here to register.
Already registered? Log in here
- ServiceLink Welcomes Kelly Johnson to Its Executive Sales Team
- IDS Mortgage Document Volume Indicates Spike in HELOCs in 2014
- NTC Hits Industry Milestone for Electronic Recordation
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- NTC Snags Third Inc. 5000 Award, Places Number 2,097 on List of Fastest-Growing Companies