Follow us on Twitter
The Westin San Diego
400 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL ATTENDEES!
STAY TUNED FOR OUR 2011 Annual Mortgage Servicing Conference
Notify me about the 2011 Mortgage Servicing Conference
WHY WE HAD THE EVENT
Short sales is a hot topic and will be with us for a long time coming. According to CoreLogic, the volume of short sales has more than tripled since 2008. At Freddie Mac, short sale volumes are up over 700 percent. Another burning topic is fraud and how it's being controlled in the short sales process.
In the world of REO one in every 397 U.S. housing units received a foreclosure filing during the month. Big volume leads to big challenges, all of which we will address and offer solutions to.
Information and brainstorming is needed by all in times like these and thats what we plan to deliver to the lender/servicer, real estate broker and all stakeholders in the residential mortgage industry.
REO Expert Shared his Insight with us pre-conference
David Brown, vice president, director of REO at First Horizon National Corp., Memphis, Tenn., recently spoke with Mortgage Servicing News in preparation for the Best Practices in Short Sales & REO Conference to be held Nov. 9-10 at the Westin San Diego.
Brown, who will be a speaker at the show, hosted by MSN, has nearly 20 years of experience in real estate marketing and finance, management and sales.
WHAT ATTENDEES EXPERIENCED
A compact, but comprehensive, one and a half day educational and networking conference offering banks, servicers—and all those that support them in the area of short sales and REO —an efficient and effective way to stay up-to-date, connected and informed.
Attendees heard from peers sharing best practices in managing and disposing of REO, the pitfalls of preservation, and how to speed up the eviction timeline.
REALTORS® were treated to a separate track in which secrets from peers were revealed of those who have been successful in the area of short sales including insight on marketing best practices, how to stand out in a crowded field, and how/when to communicate with a lender along with other must-know information.
These are only highlights. If you missed this event, be sure to sure to contact us at 800.803.3424 about our next event.
WHO ATTENDEES MET
Professionals at banks and mortgage servicing firms in the default servicing, loss mitigation, short sales, REO, portfolio/asset management areas; Real estate brokers; Attorneys Regulatory/Govt professionals and Solution providers.
WHAT WAS DISCUSSED
- HAFA how is the program working out for lenders/servicers
- How to make the short sales process easier and more efficient; what are the operational changes lenders are making to gain efficiencies
- How to reduce short sale timelines
- How to proactively identify and solicit short sale candidates [portfolio analysis]
- Private portfolios vs. securitized portfolios
- Working together & how to get through the process [realtors, attorneys, lenders, investors]
- True value of property how to best determine this
- Pitfalls of preservation
- Mitigating fraud/fraud controls in the short sales process
- Technology in the short sales space
- How to determine if a short sale is too short mitigating unnecessary loss
- How to speed up eviction timelines
- Managing and marketing REO
- How best to handle reputational risk
- Whats the future of borrower behavior
- Realtor success stories how to stand out and how/when to communicate with lender [realtor track]
- Marketing ideas & where to get leads; cracking that code & getting in; how do you cultivate relationships with servicers [realtor track]
We brought you Best Practices in Loss Mitigation Conference in July and received great reviews from your peers
Heres what they said:
"Good panels & well attended".
SVP Sales & Business Development
"Tony Meola [was the most valuable presenter] due to his knowledge [and] presentation skills".
Loss Mitigation Head
Central Mortgage Company
"Bob Kimble, Jeff Haywood, Katie Brewer, Bryan Bolton, Mark Spangler Great sharing of valuable educational info. Loved "Are you confused yet? Streamlining shorts sales & fighting fraud Great speakers and good servicer/GSE representation."