What was that old criticism about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (pre-conservatorship) – that their risk was “public” but their profits were private? Well, guess what? Their risk is still public – but their profits are too. Freddie earned $5.6 billion in 3Q, Fannie $2.6 billion. Annualized, that translates into $32.8 billion – money that will go straight into the Treasury’s coffers. But let’s not forget about their little sister, Ginnie Mae, which earned $606 million in fiscal year 2012. And it all started under a Republican president George W. Bush and continued under a Democrat who never ran a business in his life, except for maybe a lemonade stand when he was a kid in Hawaii.
- DocMagic: Delivering 99.999% Uptime Has Positive Impact on Lender Clients
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders