Embattled nonbank servicer Ocwen took a $100 million charge for a potential settlement of foreclosure violations and posted a third-quarter loss, but warned the final cost to settle allegations that it backdated foreclosure notices could be higher.
Residential real estate property price gains continued in August, albeit by a shrinking margin, according to Black Knight Financial Services.
A slow and uncertain housing recovery continues, according to a report by Freddie Mac.
Wingspan Portfolio Advisors, a diversified mortgage services company in Dallas, will receive a multimillion-dollar capital infusion from a stockholder investment group.
From Our Blogs
»Expect Foreclosures and REO to Increase as QE Ends
»Hard Money Lenders Fear Overreach
»How Auctioning Troubled Mortgages Can Boost the Housing Recovery
»The Unvarnished Truth About Rising REO Volume
»REO Brokers Should Diversify Services, but
»Why the Single-Family Rental Securitization Trend May Last
»Millions of Nonperforming Loans Resolved, Millions to Go
»The Role of Property Preservation in Curing Community Blight
»The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
»Servicing Trend: Better REO Outsourcing
- Auction.com Launches Real Estate's First Nowcast
- LoanComplete from Fiserv Adds Document-to-Document Comparisons to Reduce Investor and Regulatory Risks, Improve Loan Quality
- Black Knights MSP Servicing System Supports Surge in Home Equity Loans With a Single Platform
- NTC Study Reveals up to 490,000 Homeowners May be Affected by Inaccurate Servicing Records
- Black Knight Financial Services Delivers SalesEdge, a Complete Lead Management and CRM Solution In One System