Large mortgage servicers continued to shed delinquencies as overall loan performance improved in the fourth quarter, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency said Friday.
Financial institutions are far from drowning because of underwater mortgages, with the impact of these loans mostly behind them, according to Fitch Ratings.
Blackstone Group's rental-home finance company plans to offer bonds backed by properties managed by many landlords, the first sale of the debt from multiple borrowers.
Mirroring a statewide trend, the January foreclosure rate for Miami-Dade County dropped by nearly half compared to the same month last year.
From Our Blogs
»Servicers Should Engage Mediators in Distressed Borrower Outreach
»The Hidden Impact of HOA Delinquencies
»Market for MSRs Not So Lopsided After All
»Default Industry Standards Would Be Beneficial
»Debt Collection Law Warped by New Breed of Suits
»Are Servicers Ready for the Next Wave of Defaults?
»Foreclosures Are Making Americans Sick
»Low-Down-Payment Mortgages Will Again Contribute to Rising REO
»Hard Money Lenders Fear Overreach
»How Auctioning Troubled Mortgages Can Boost the Housing Recovery
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer