A Virginia short sale specialist was convicted Wednesday by a federal jury on charges including mortgage and tax fraud.
Miami-Dade County's foreclosure rate fell again in March as the aftershocks of the housing crisis continue to fade away.
The Connecticut House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to extend the state's foreclosure mediation through 2019, a compromise bill accepted by banking lobbyists.
Freddie Mac auctioned off 1,052 delinquent nonperforming loans serviced by Ocwen on May 21 as part of its Standard Pool Offerings.
» How Quality Customer Service Can Keep Mortgage Lenders Compliant
» Servicers Should Engage Mediators in Distressed Borrower Outreach
» The Hidden Impact of HOA Delinquencies
» Market for MSRs Not So Lopsided After All
» Default Industry Standards Would Be Beneficial
» Debt Collection Law Warped by New Breed of Suits
» Are Servicers Ready for the Next Wave of Defaults?
» Foreclosures Are Making Americans Sick
» Low-Down-Payment Mortgages Will Again Contribute to Rising REO
» Hard Money Lenders Fear Overreach
- Appraiser Shortage Could Gum Up the Works at Mortgage Lenders
- Cash-Strapped Servicers Fill Gaps by Borrowing Against Their MSRs
- Vendors Flood Market with HOA Super-Lien Services
- Congress Urges CFPB to Delay Enforcement of New Mortgage Disclosures
- End Fannie and Freddie's Free Ride on Government Credit
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report