The Federal Housing Administration will require single family home mortgage appraisals to be submitted through an online electronic delivery portal starting on June 27, 2016, the agency announced.
Mortgage professional hiring and new job appointments for the week ending March 27.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau may delay the Aug. 1 implementation deadline for new mortgage disclosure forms if vendors aren't ready, said CFPB Deputy Director Steven Antonakes.
Changes to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's consumer complaint system could give lenders lots to gripe about if they don't prepare accordingly and be proactive, mortgage industry consulting firm STRATMOR Group said March 23.
From Our Blogs
»When March Madness, Mobile and Mortgages Collide
»The Wrong Assumptions About the 'Credit Invisibles'
»Beyond the Dress: What Do You See?
»New Regulations Offer Long-Term Technology Opportunities
»Automate Quality Control, Elevate Loan Quality
»Appraisal Review Will Reach New Levels with Collateral Underwriter
»For Best Results, Regularly Test and Validate Data Extraction Tech
»Whose Email Is It Anyway
»Diagnose the Right Problem Before Treating Mortgage Maladies
»New Subprime Loans Use Less Technology
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Wells Fargo to Cut 1,000 Mortgage Servicing Jobs