Marketplace lender Social Finance may pursue a larger initial public offering than expected, CEO Mike Cagney said. Progress in its mortgage business and a new lending app will be pivotal to the company's future, he said.
The private equity firm Aquiline Capital Partners has reached an agreement to become the majority investor in LenderLive Network.
Stonegate Mortgage is planning to add over 175 jobs in Southern California.
The spending package unveiled Tuesday would end Department of Veterans Affairs guarantees on larger loans starting Jan. 1.
From Our Blogs
»Whose Email Is It Anyway
»Diagnose the Right Problem Before Treating Mortgage Maladies
»New Subprime Loans Use Less Technology
»Delight Homebuyers by Personalizing the Process
»Are Servicers Ready for the Next Wave of Defaults?
»The Tale of Two Masters
»Giving Thanks for Second Helpings
»Social Media Dialogue Adds Digital Element to MBA Annual Experience
»The Club You Choose
»Liberating Data from Mortgage Docs
- Judge Orders One-by-One Review of 209,000 Lehman Mortgages
- Auction.com Named One of AlwaysOns OnMobile Top 100 Companies for 2014
- Spending Bill Bans FHA from Financing Eminent Domain Loans
- Lenders Could Make Voluntary ALTA Guidelines a De Facto Standard
- Fannie Moves Aggressively on New Low-Down-Payment Loans