Unlike in personal loans, where Lending Club saw an opportunity to lower the cost of consumer credit card debt, in mortgages, the play is not in providing lower-priced credit, but rather in removing friction, Renaud Laplanche says.
Fidelity National Financial has recapitalized ServiceLink Holdings, increasing its ownership in the transaction services company.
Lawmakers included a measure that will impose new mortgage reporting requirements on banks and servicers as part of a short-term highway funding bill passed this week by both chambers of Congress.
Mortgage professional hiring and new job appointments for the week ending July 31.
» How Mortgage Servicers Can Win Over Millennials
» Why Outdated Loan Origination Systems Sabotage Digital Innovation
» How Automation Can Help Control TRID Compliance Costs
» Targeted QC Reviews Better Protect Lenders From High-Risk Loans
» Why Property Valuation Methods Must Be More Robust
» 6 Benefits of Retargeting for Greater Brand Awareness and Sales
» How Technology Can Make or Break an Audit Trail
» Can Your Tech Grow With Your Company?
» Fixing Your Culture Without Deflating Your Team
» To Have Cybersecurity Done Right, Give it to Someone Else
- House Committee Passes Bills to Delay TRID Enforcement, Revise QM
- CFPB Fines Fidelity National Financial, Western Union Units $38M
- 6 Ways Relaxed Underwriting is Unlocking Mortgage Credit
- Top Producer Shares Her Secret to Keeping Referral Partners Happy
- New Construction Lending Mantra: Be Conservative