FNF Group, a division of Fidelity National Financial, has agreed to acquire real estate software company Commissions Inc.
July 27, 2016
Contracts to purchase previously owned homes rose less than forecast in June as a lack of supply and rising prices offset the benefits from historically low mortgage rates.
CoreLogic has made its mark on the Case-Shiller Home Price indices in more ways than one.
Mortgage application activity decreased 11.2% from one week earlier as refinance volume continued to slow while the bond market and interest rates stabilized.
Home values in May in the Portland region grew faster than any of the other 20 major metro areas measured in the monthly S&P Case-Shiller home price index the eighth straight month Portland topped the list.
July 27, 2016
Citigroup fired a mortgage trader four months ago after internal and external lawyers determined he mismarked his portfolio.
July 27, 2016
Deutsche Bank is nearing an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice to settle a long-running investigation into its mortgage-backed securities business.
The Niagara Gazette has confirmed the Niagara Falls Housing Authority has been served with a number of federal subpoenas.
Forget fast-appreciating Denver and stratospheric San Francisco. Palm Beach County, Fla., has elbowed its way into the top spot on a real estate firm's list of the nation's hottest housing markets.
Fannie Mae is making its housing counseling requirements more flexible so additional borrowers can qualify for its low down payment, affordable loan program called HomeReady.
Sentiment regarding the need for disruption in the mortgage tech space remains divided, though a majority of lenders agree that the industry is working to innovate for better efficiency.
The Democratic and Republican platforms adopted at this year's party conventions take a more forward-looking approach to housing issues than they did four years ago. But they have distinctly different views on the government's role in maintaining a robust mortgage industry.
Flagstar Bancorp reported a 2% uptick in net income during the second quarter from a year ago, thanks in part to higher commercial loan origination volume.
Republic First Bancorp in Philadelphia is getting into residential mortgages.
A drop in mortgage banking cut into Trustmark's second-quarter profit, as did the costs to extend buyouts to employees.
- How Democrats and Republicans Differ on Next Steps for Housing
- Fannie and Freddie Still Encourage Biased Appraisals
- How This California Loan Officer Makes Her Moo-la
- Marketing Tool Uses Big Data to Predict Home Buyers and Borrowers
- Democratic Platform Shifts from Post-Crisis Recovery to Housing Access
- Simplifile Q2 2016 Report Finds Emerging Preference Among Lenders for Settlement Partners Who E-Record
- Another 23 Counties Across South, Midwest Adopt Simplifile E-Recording
- Simplifile Staffs Up to Support Mortgage Lender Initiatives
- Assurant Acquires American Title, Leader in Title and Valuation Latest Expansion of Capabilities in Housing Market
- Capsilon Announces Growth Investment from Francisco Partners