Eagan, Minn. (March 4, 2013). As the leading information provider in the mortgage industry, AllRegs announces its launch of consumer training resources for the financial services industry. AllRegs has developed this online consumer training platform in conjunction with HomeFree-USA, one of the largest homeownership development and HUD intermediaries in the United States, and is made available through HomeCoach-USA (www.homecoach-usa.com). The online home training courses include homebuyer education, home owner education and financial literacy curriculums, with the potential to reach over 4 million Americans.
AllRegs and HomeFree-USA have developed this consumer training for new homebuyers, as well as existing homeowners. The education correlates to the six core areas outlined in the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling. Pre-Purchase course titles include: Are You Ready to Take the Plunge into Home Ownership?; Keys to Improving and Understanding your Credit; Essentials of the Real Estate Process; and Consumer Protection: Understanding your Rights. Post-Purchase course titles include: Preventing Foreclosure: Exploring Your Options; Surviving Tough Economic Times; Creating and Living Within a Budget, and Navigating the Foreclosure Process. Other course titles are also included.
Consumer-focused training developed under this program will be offered to lenders and other real estate professionals to provide as a resource to consumers nationally. Delivered through the powerful AllRegs Academy education platform, the program features self-study online courses, activities and assessments. Features include:
- A 24/7 training resource that keeps the lender’s name in front of thousands of consumers
- A Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)-relevant program that consists of a series of online courses that meet or exceed National Industry Standards
- An opportunity to help reduce consumer complaints, supporting Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) direction
- A vehicle for leads of consumers improving their knowledge through consumer education
- Certificates of completion for consumers that successfully complete courses Three full 8-hour curriculums which may help a consumer meet various lender, state or national requirements
- Some customizations to courses and the platform are available for lender specific consumer content
“Our goal has been to develop top-notch consumer training supporting the industry’s key focus of consumer education helping consumers understand and navigate their way to buying or maintaining a home,“ said Dan Thoms, Executive Vice President of AllRegs. “Not only are we providing the highest quality online home education to homeowners and homebuyers, we are providing the real estate finance industry with a way to easily provide this consumer training to their existing clients, or potential new clients. We are already seeing lenders want to utilize this program for everything from loss mitigation, to providing real tools for consumers to help with regulatory concerns, to increasing their purchase business through leads generated from the system.”
“The key to success for lenders is to connect with their customers and build a relationship with them,” said Marcia Griffin, President and Founder of HomeFree-USA. “We see this as an exciting opportunity for lenders to support their customers with the best consumer financial training in the industry, to empower them with resources and the information consumers need to know about their company.”
To learn how this consumer training initiative can be incorporated into your mortgage lender business, visit www.allregs.com and click on Consumer Training – HomeCoach-USA, or visit www.homecoach-usa.com.
- NTC Hits Industry Milestone for Electronic Recordation
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- NTC Snags Third Inc. 5000 Award, Places Number 2,097 on List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- Equifax Further Streamlines Lenders' Mortgage and Home Equity Origination Pipelines
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available