The Federal Housing Administration is revamping its loan review processes to correct faulty underwriting in an effort to lure institutions back to the program.
The online ballot is now open for mortgage lender and servicing professionals to vote for their favorite technology and services vendors.
Foreclosure inventory fell to its lowest level in more than six years in June, according to a report from Black Knight Financial Services.
California Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law a measure extending state income tax relief to borrowers with canceled or forgiven mortgage debt.
Advocates blame the securitization-financed, institutional-scale landlords for astronomical rents and poor maintenance and call for Congressional hearings and government oversight.
From Our Blogs
»The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
»Why the Single-Family Rental Securitization Trend May Last
»Millions of Nonperforming Loans Resolved, Millions to Go
»The Role of Property Preservation in Curing Community Blight
»Foreclosure Fast-Tracking Gains Momentum
»Servicing Trend: Better REO Outsourcing
»Property Preservation in a Changing REO Environment
»FHA, Fannie and Freddie: What's Government's Role in Housing?
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter