While year-over-year foreclosure activity continued to decline in August, an uptick in foreclosure auctions suggest the housing market still is in detox mode, according to RealtyTrac.
Mortgage insurance companies Radian and MGIC on Monday reported fewer claims on delinquent loans compared to a year ago.
Delinquency rates for commercial and multifamily mortgages improved during second quarter, according to a report Thursday from the Mortgage Bankers Association.
The Sept. 30 sale features eight pools and 15,000 defaulted loans.
Even though home prices are higher now than last year, 8.7 million U.S. homeowners remained underwater on their mortgage in the second quarter.
From Our Blogs
»The Unvarnished Truth About Rising REO Volume
»Why the Single-Family Rental Securitization Trend May Last
»Millions of Nonperforming Loans Resolved, Millions to Go
»The Role of Property Preservation in Curing Community Blight
»The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
»Servicing Trend: Better REO Outsourcing
»FHA, Fannie and Freddie: What's Government's Role in Housing?
»Property Preservation in a Changing REO Environment
»Foreclosure Fast-Tracking Gains Momentum
- NTC Hits Industry Milestone for Electronic Recordation
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- NTC Snags Third Inc. 5000 Award, Places Number 2,097 on List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- Equifax Further Streamlines Lenders' Mortgage and Home Equity Origination Pipelines
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available