Reps. John Delaney, D-Md., John Carney, D-Del., and Jim Himes, D-Conn., introduced a new housing bill Thursday designed to provide an explicit government backstop for the market but still increase private sector participation.
The nation's inventory of homes in some stage of foreclosure declined 4.8% in May from April, the 31st straight month-to-month drop, CoreLogic reported.
Cerberus is is financing low-volume deals for small investors through its FirstKey Lending; Blackstone's B2R Finance LP. is making a similar push to mom-and-pop landlords.
CWCapital Asset Management and Wells Fargo were sued by lenders claiming they are being cheated out of hundreds of millions of dollars in the takeover of the Stuyvesant Town and Peter Cooper Village development in Manhattan.
Fay Servicing, a special servicer based in Chicago, has created a division to manage foreclosed properties.
From Our Blogs
»Why the Single-Family Rental Securitization Trend May Last
»Millions of Nonperforming Loans Resolved, Millions to Go
»Foreclosure Fast-Tracking Gains Momentum
»The Role of Property Preservation in Curing Community Blight
»Servicing Trend: Better REO Outsourcing
»Property Preservation in a Changing REO Environment
»FHA, Fannie and Freddie: What's Government's Role in Housing?
»Distressed Market Has Peaked, but Opportunities Remain
»Tips for Choosing the Best REO Market
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter