An improving economy and better execution of loan modifications have meant fewer redefaults on restructured mortgages, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency said Thursday.
The number of homes nationwide with negative equity dropped significantly in the second quarter, according to the financial information firm CoreLogic.
In August the nation's mortgage loan delinquency rate increased nearly 5% over the previous month to its highest level since February, according to Black Knight Financial Services.
Starwood Waypoint Residential Trust has purchased a pool of delinquent loans and bank-owned homes for a total price of $73.3 million.
The pricing of the class-A notes paralleled that seen in a recent first-time issuer's single-family rental securitization in August, but the pricing for the rest of the capital structure differed.
From Our Blogs
»How Auctioning Troubled Mortgages Can Boost the Housing Recovery
»The Unvarnished Truth About Rising REO Volume
»Why the Single-Family Rental Securitization Trend May Last
»Millions of Nonperforming Loans Resolved, Millions to Go
»The Role of Property Preservation in Curing Community Blight
»The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
»Servicing Trend: Better REO Outsourcing
»FHA, Fannie and Freddie: What's Government's Role in Housing?
»Property Preservation in a Changing REO Environment
»Foreclosure Fast-Tracking Gains Momentum
- NTC Hits Industry Milestone for Electronic Recordation
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- NTC Snags Third Inc. 5000 Award, Places Number 2,097 on List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- Equifax Further Streamlines Lenders' Mortgage and Home Equity Origination Pipelines
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available