Mortgage servicers are still providing loss mitigation efforts to keep homeowners in their properties even as the foreclosure inventory continues to fall nationally.
After commercial mortgage-backed security delinquencies declined for 15 straight months, this streak came to an end in July.
Weather-wise, we're having a relatively placid season. But legal and regulatory developments are a different story when it comes to lender-placed insurance.
There was a time years ago when second liens were the toughest legacy home loan asset to find a buyer for in the secondary market.
Bill Ackman's Pershing Square Capital Management LP sued the U.S. government claiming revised terms of the 2008 bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac cheat investors of the profit from the mortgage-financing entities.
From Our Blogs
»The Unvarnished Truth About Rising REO Volume
»The Evidence Is Clear: Housing Market Headed Back Downward
»Why the Single-Family Rental Securitization Trend May Last
»Millions of Nonperforming Loans Resolved, Millions to Go
»The Role of Property Preservation in Curing Community Blight
»Foreclosure Fast-Tracking Gains Momentum
»Servicing Trend: Better REO Outsourcing
»Property Preservation in a Changing REO Environment
»FHA, Fannie and Freddie: What's Government's Role in Housing?
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter