EverBank failed to properly determine mortgagor eligibility for the Federal Housing Administration's preforeclosure sale program, according to an audit report released by the inspector general for HUD.
The collapse of securities tied to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac punished some of Wall Street's best known money managers, with star investor Bruce Berkowitz's main mutual fund losing about $600 million.
A lawsuit filed by low-income housing advocates designed to force the Federal Housing Finance Agency to provide money to a housing trust fund has been blocked by a U.S. district court judge.
Lenders desperately want to make potentially lucrative home loans to those with less-than-stellar credit, but only a few are willing to try given legal uncertainties. Here's how a few are designing their products to get a jump on the competition.
From Our Blogs
»What the DOJ Wants When It Comes Knocking
»Whatcha Gonna Do When the Market Shifts Again and Again?
»Being the Boss
»Culture Clash: The Overlooked Threat to Mortgage M&A
»The Scientific Approach to Mitigating Operational Risk
»How Much Capital Does a GSE Need? None
»Liberating Data from Mortgage Docs
»How Lenders Can Use CFPB Complaint Data to Improve Performance
»An Open Letter to FHA's Carol Galante
»B of A's Countrywide Woes Offer a Lesson in M&A Branding
- NTC Hits Industry Milestone for Electronic Recordation
- IDS Launches Mortgage Compliance Resource Center for Doc Prep Clients
- NTC Snags Third Inc. 5000 Award, Places Number 2,097 on List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- Equifax Further Streamlines Lenders' Mortgage and Home Equity Origination Pipelines
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available