A federal appeals court ruled Monday that the Treasury Department will have to hand over more documents to investors of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac related to its profit sweep of the two government-sponsored enterprises.
Citigroup's plans to sell a $97 billion mortgage servicing portfolio and subservice its remaining accounts highlights the growing prevalence of nondepository servicers and raises questions about how much capacity exists for these institutions to absorb more large deals.
January 30, 2017
Citigroup plans to exit the mortgage-servicing business by the end of 2018 to focus on making new loans.
January 27, 2017
Former Jefferies & Co. managing director Jesse Litvak was convicted for a second time of defrauding customers on trades of mortgage-backed securities but only on one of 10 criminal counts.
Jefferies Group has added a third lender to its latest securitization of a mortgage warehouse facility.
- IDS Updates Borrower Data Collection Fields, Supports MISMO v 3.4 for HMDA Compliance
- LenderLive to Assume PHHs Private Label Mortgage Operations in Jacksonville
- Simplifile E-recording Network Gains 43 New Counties in South, Midwest
- First American Mortgage Solutions Debuts Cleanfile Solutions To Help Lenders Perfect And Complete Collateral Files
- Simplifile Integrates Collaboration, Post Closing Services with LendingQB