File this one under rumor: A new player in the origination market (two years in the business) has originated $100 million in loans that are not eligible for sale to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or coverage under FHA. (Some include jumbos.) The money came from private equity investors. We have yet to confirm the story and it could be one of those mortgage ‘Urban Legends’ that spring up from time to time. But the most interesting thing about the tale is the dollar amount: $100 million. We’ve talked to a few lenders, advisors, and investment bankers who have said $100 million is about as high as PE firms are willing to commit to the nonprime space right now. When will PE firms loosen up the purse strings? Answer: when they feel a viable secondary market has emerged for nonprime mortgages, including jumbos. Godot that?
-
Eligible buyers and sellers can save up to $20,000 on their next home when they transact with a Redfin agent and finance with Rocket Mortgage.
38m ago -
Inflation and a possible Fed move impacting rates are concerns that product innovation and housing policy can help with, leaders said at an industry meeting.
1h ago -
The delay preserves a lifeline for competing bidder United Wholesale Mortgage, which previously reached an agreement to acquire the servicer last year.
1h ago -
Executives from Guild and NewRez discussed the steps they are taking as participants in the pilot phase of the roll out of VantageScore 4.0 and FICO 10T.
5h ago -
Providence, Rhode Island, headed Zillow's hottest rental markets list, beating out New York and San Francisco, the company announced Monday.
May 18 -
Department of Housing and Urban Development officials indicated that there are improvements in some delinquency stages and cure rates are better than expected.
May 18







