Alex Pollock joined AEI as a resident fellow in 2004 after thirty-five years in banking. He was president and chief executive officer of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago from 1991 to 2004. He is the author of numerous articles on financial systems and the organizer of the Deflating Bubble series of AEI conferences. In 2007, he developed a one-page mortgage form to help borrowers understand their mortgage obligations. At AEI, he focuses on financial policy issues, including housing finance, government-sponsored enterprises, retirement finance, corporate governance, accounting standards, and the banking system. He is a director of the CME Group, the Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation, the International Union for Housing Finance, and the chairman of the board of the Great Books Foundation.
Recent Stories From this Author
Fed Doesn't Live by the Rules It Sets for Banks
December 14, 2012 Anywhere in the world, if you had $55 billion in capital, and then lost $55 billion, your capital would be zero. But under the...
A Bubble to Rememberand Anticipate?
November 30, 2012 One of the most important government actions affecting the farmland bubble goes back to before it was inflated.
Mind Your P's And Reg Q's
March 16, 2012 Last year's repeal of the final remaining vestige of Regulation Q, the prohibition of payment of interest on business demand...
Seven Steps Needed to Improve Housing Finance
February 29, 2012 "Out of the river there came up seven cows, sleek and fat, and they grazed among the reeds. After them, seven other cows, ugly...
January 17, 2012 The Mystery of Banking The bank has ten billion this year, But the money is simply not Here--
Twelve Steps to Improve U.S. Housing Finance
January 12, 2012 What thoughts should guide ongoing Congressional consideration on housing finance? Let's start with this one: "It is...
Systemic Risk and Pornography
January 10, 2012 National Mortgage News asks, “Can Regulators Prevent the Next Systemic Risk Crisis?” Probably not.
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter