Don Kracl is vice president of mortgage products for Mortech Inc., a Zillow business. Kracl has worked to make mortgage lending easier for the industry and consumers for more than 30 years. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Stories From this Author
Creating the Next-Gen Loan Originator
April 23, 2014 Easy money refinancings led originators to let their selling skills diminish and take on bad habits.
Are the Old Ways Really Dead in Mortgage?
December 10, 2013 If you’re getting business like you’ve always done it, prepare to exit loan originations.
Can Self-Service Work in the Mortgage Industry?
September 22, 2013 The mortgage industry’s early attempts to inject self-service into the transaction were not very effective.
Making It Look Easy
July 19, 2013 Like any sport or other pursuit like sales, the professionals always make it look so easy.
Summertime, and the Living Is Busy
June 26, 2013 We're hearing that summer has finally arrived here on the plains. So what now?
Four Ways to Capitalize on 2013
February 1, 2013 There is more opportunity for lenders to make money on purchase deals in 2013 rather than refinances.
You Give Leads a Bad Name
December 12, 2012 With apologies to Bon Jovi, here are tips on how to successfully work leads.
- Appraiser Shortage Could Gum Up the Works at Mortgage Lenders
- Cash-Strapped Servicers Fill Gaps by Borrowing Against Their MSRs
- Foreclosure Law Firm Butler & Hosch Closes Its Doors
- Vendor's Videos Aim to Educate Borrowers, Protect Lenders
- 'Stealth' GSE Reform: Two Major Changes in Shelby's Reg Relief Bill
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report