Recent Stories From this Author
And the Mortgage Banker with the Lowest FICO Score Is
December 14, 2012 Some banks will consider making lower FICO score loans as long as the applicant has substantial assets (or home equity) that...
An Opportunity for Mortgage Bankers, Politicians to Act Responsibly
December 14, 2012 When a consumer enters into a short sale it goes down on their credit report as a default, unless someone pulls a string.
Which Megabank Will Leave Wholesale Next?
December 14, 2012 It appears the wholesale channel has stabilized, which is good news for mortgage brokers.
Brian Moynihan: B of A Comfortable with a 10% Market Share in Mortgages
December 14, 2012 Bank of America has roughly 10 million servicing customers.
Predictions On Top 5 Banks And Their Mortgage Plans
December 14, 2012 A new year is about to begin and what better time to take the pulse of the nations megabanks.
CFPB Will Use Mortgage Bankers to Test Consumer Disclosures
December 13, 2012 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau said it would offer limited time exemptions from current federal disclosure laws in...
Angelo Mozilo Called It an Idiots Market
December 13, 2012 The ghost of Angelo Mozilo (who is still alive) continues to hang over mortgage banking.
MBA: Origination Profits Rise 15%; 97% of Firms Are Profitable
December 13, 2012 Loan production expenses, which include commissions and compensation, increased to $5,163 in 3Q from $5,128 in the second...
CFPB Study: Credit Card Information Dominates Consumer Database
December 13, 2012 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says the nations big three credit reporting firmsEquifax, Experian and...
Cenlar Tops Among Subservicers in 3Q, Stellar Growth at LoanCare
December 13, 2012 The privately held Provident Funding Associates also ranks ninth among all residential originators and is poised to become the...
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter