Recent Stories From this Author
And the Mortgage Banker with the Lowest FICO Score Is
December 14, 2012 Some banks will consider making lower FICO score loans as long as the applicant has substantial assets (or home equity) that...
An Opportunity for Mortgage Bankers, Politicians to Act Responsibly
December 14, 2012 When a consumer enters into a short sale it goes down on their credit report as a default, unless someone pulls a string.
Which Megabank Will Leave Wholesale Next?
December 14, 2012 It appears the wholesale channel has stabilized, which is good news for mortgage brokers.
Brian Moynihan: B of A Comfortable with a 10% Market Share in Mortgages
December 14, 2012 Bank of America has roughly 10 million servicing customers.
Predictions On Top 5 Banks And Their Mortgage Plans
December 14, 2012 A new year is about to begin and what better time to take the pulse of the nations megabanks.
CFPB Will Use Mortgage Bankers to Test Consumer Disclosures
December 13, 2012 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau said it would offer limited time exemptions from current federal disclosure laws in...
Angelo Mozilo Called It an Idiots Market
December 13, 2012 The ghost of Angelo Mozilo (who is still alive) continues to hang over mortgage banking.
MBA: Origination Profits Rise 15%; 97% of Firms Are Profitable
December 13, 2012 Loan production expenses, which include commissions and compensation, increased to $5,163 in 3Q from $5,128 in the second...
CFPB Study: Credit Card Information Dominates Consumer Database
December 13, 2012 The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says the nations big three credit reporting firmsEquifax, Experian and...
Cenlar Tops Among Subservicers in 3Q, Stellar Growth at LoanCare
December 13, 2012 The privately held Provident Funding Associates also ranks ninth among all residential originators and is poised to become the...
- Pre-Approvals, Part Two: Yes, They Will Soon Be Worthless
- A Deal to Reinvent the Subprime Mortgage-Backed Security
- Integrated Disclosure Deadline Could Be Delayed, Top CFPB Official Says
- Servicers in DOJ's Crosshairs Following JPM Robo-Signing Settlement
- Wells Fargo to Cut 1,000 Mortgage Servicing Jobs
- Corporate Social Responsibility: NTC Sees Employee Morale and Company Growth through Local Community Volunteer Work
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Mortgage Industry Compliance: NTC Successfully Completes SSAE 16 (SOC 1) Type 2 Audit
- Auction.com Acquires Real Estate Technology Solutions Provider Channel, LLC
- Auction.com Appoints Lee Leslie as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer