Ted Cornwell has been covering the mortgage business for the past 20 years in the areas of mortgage servicing and technology.
Recent Stories From this Author
Tipping Point Coming for Electronic Closings
November 4, 2014 Some industry observers believe a CFPB pilot program may do what technology advances and e-commerce advocates have failed to...
This Local Loan Officer Is a Global Diplomat of Sorts
June 24, 2014 When serving United Nations employees, knowing how to explain the ins and outs of housing finance in the U.S. is a must....
Behind Fidelity's Black Knight Maneuver
May 6, 2014 The title giant is betting it can capitalize on growing demand for technologies that will help lenders stay competitive. The...
Death by 1,000 Security Alerts?
December 18, 2013 As malware and virus detection gets more advanced, financial firms may find their IT departments overwhelmed by the volume of...
Separate QC Office May Become Relic of the Past
December 10, 2013 A stand-alone quality control unit may soon become a casualty of the heightened mortgage regulatory environment.
Privatizing Fannie and Freddie: Beware the Russian Model
December 3, 2013 Will American oligarchs reap billions in stock profits by investing in non-governmental housing agencies?
Shrinking Mortgage Debt May Begin to Climb Again Soon
November 25, 2013 Federal Reserve data show the rate of decline in mortgage debt outstanding has slowed in recent quarters, while housing market...
‘Spoliation’ Among Legal Risks in BYOD World
November 18, 2013 Companies that allow employees to store work data and communication on their tablets, cell phones or personal laptops need to...
Immigrant Rate Decline Fairly Modest
November 11, 2013 First-generation Asian and Latino immigrant homeowners saw a lower decline in homeownership rates after the Great Recession...
Some Sandy Victims Still Seething over Insurance Denials
November 4, 2013 Some policies only allow a one-year window to challenge claims decisions after an event has occurred.
- Real Estate Investors Continue to Favor Flipping - by a Narrowing Margin - According to Latest Auction.com Real Estate Investor Activity Report
- Black Knight's March Mortgage Monitor: Negative Equity Population Shrinks to Just Over 4 Million; 77 Percent of Borrowers in Foreclosure Are Underwater
- Auction.com Names Former LinkedIn and Yahoo! Engineer as Senior Director of Engineering
- Black Knight Financial Services' "First Look" at March Mortgage Data: Delinquency Rate Sees Largest Monthly Drop in Nine Years
- Auction.com Releases Q1 2015 Investor Activity Report