Ted Cornwell has been covering the mortgage business for the past 20 years in the areas of mortgage servicing and technology.
Recent Stories From this Author
This Local Loan Officer Is a Global Diplomat of Sorts
June 24, 2014 When serving United Nations employees, knowing how to explain the ins and outs of housing finance in the U.S. is a must....
Behind Fidelity's Black Knight Maneuver
May 6, 2014 The title giant is betting it can capitalize on growing demand for technologies that will help lenders stay competitive. The...
Death by 1,000 Security Alerts?
December 18, 2013 As malware and virus detection gets more advanced, financial firms may find their IT departments overwhelmed by the volume of...
Separate QC Office May Become Relic of the Past
December 10, 2013 A stand-alone quality control unit may soon become a casualty of the heightened mortgage regulatory environment.
Privatizing Fannie and Freddie: Beware the Russian Model
December 3, 2013 Will American oligarchs reap billions in stock profits by investing in non-governmental housing agencies?
Shrinking Mortgage Debt May Begin to Climb Again Soon
November 25, 2013 Federal Reserve data show the rate of decline in mortgage debt outstanding has slowed in recent quarters, while housing market...
‘Spoliation’ Among Legal Risks in BYOD World
November 18, 2013 Companies that allow employees to store work data and communication on their tablets, cell phones or personal laptops need to...
Immigrant Rate Decline Fairly Modest
November 11, 2013 First-generation Asian and Latino immigrant homeowners saw a lower decline in homeownership rates after the Great Recession...
Some Sandy Victims Still Seething over Insurance Denials
November 4, 2013 Some policies only allow a one-year window to challenge claims decisions after an event has occurred.
Up On the Farm
October 28, 2013 Tighter underwriting standards, strong farm income and relatively low loan-to-value ratios should provide a cushion if a...
- Property Reports Made EasyNationwide Title Clearing, Inc. Revamps Website, Online Ordering Available
- Old Republic Credit Services Announces New Product That Brings Consumer Credit Verification To A New Level Borrower Verification Report
- IDS Sees Significant Mortgage Document E-sign Adoption Among Customers in 2013
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter