Ted Cornwell has been covering the mortgage business for the past 20 years in the areas of mortgage servicing and technology.
Recent Stories From this Author
Death by 1,000 Security Alerts?
December 18, 2013 As malware and virus detection gets more advanced, financial firms may find their IT departments overwhelmed by the volume of...
Separate QC Office May Become Relic of the Past
December 10, 2013 A stand-alone quality control unit may soon become a casualty of the heightened mortgage regulatory environment.
Privatizing Fannie and Freddie: Beware the Russian Model
December 3, 2013 Will American oligarchs reap billions in stock profits by investing in non-governmental housing agencies?
Shrinking Mortgage Debt May Begin to Climb Again Soon
November 25, 2013 Federal Reserve data show the rate of decline in mortgage debt outstanding has slowed in recent quarters, while housing market...
‘Spoliation’ Among Legal Risks in BYOD World
November 18, 2013 Companies that allow employees to store work data and communication on their tablets, cell phones or personal laptops need to...
Immigrant Rate Decline Fairly Modest
November 11, 2013 First-generation Asian and Latino immigrant homeowners saw a lower decline in homeownership rates after the Great Recession...
Some Sandy Victims Still Seething over Insurance Denials
November 4, 2013 Some policies only allow a one-year window to challenge claims decisions after an event has occurred.
Up On the Farm
October 28, 2013 Tighter underwriting standards, strong farm income and relatively low loan-to-value ratios should provide a cushion if a...
Compliance Focus Shifts to Originations
October 21, 2013 Next year the industry is going to be paying close attention to new rules because of the changing regulatory landscape.
Improving the Customer’s ‘First Mile’
October 15, 2013 We're hearing that the development of “smart process applications” may revolutionize the way lenders interact with their...
- DocMagic: Delivering 99.999% Uptime Has Positive Impact on Lender Clients
- Nationwide Title Clearing (NTC) Comments on Newly Enacted Mortgage Rules, Expects Market-Driven Effect on Company Practices
- Interthinx: Jumbo Loans Present Much Higher Fraud Risk in Recent Quarter
- Rushmore Loan Management Services Announces Approval as a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Company Also Receives Positive Rating from S&P
- DocMagic and Veri-Tax Deploy Automated IRS Tax Transcript Retrieval Tool for Lenders